Friday Favorites: 2.3.12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Favorite Laugh: Shit Hofstra Girls Say. I’m sure that this video by Parks Middleton has spread virally across campus, but just in case you haven’t caught a glimpse of this hilarious parody yet, click here

Favorite Actress: Mila Kunis. Maybe it’s her beauty, her charm, or her unforgettable sense of humor – I’m not completely sure – but there issomething about her that I just can’t get enough of. I am not afraid to admit that I have a huge girl-crush on this chick. She’s awesome and definitely on my list of idols.

Favorite Item of Clothing: Blazers. Dress them up, dress them down – blazers are completely versatile. Forever 21 currently has a large variety of colors ranging from around $30-$45. I plan on purchasing at least one in a pastel color for the upcoming Spring season!

Favorite Advice: Keep calm and stay positive. (This can be really helpful to remember, especially since the Spring 2012 semester has just started!)

Favorite Read: It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. I read this book (445 pages) in just two days. Normally, it would take me a couple of weeks to read any book over 300 pages. I highly suggest it to anyone, really. Especially those who suffer from a mental illness of any kind, including anxiety and depression. My whole senior year, I was an anxious wreck. I eventually got through it, but it wasn’t an easy task. This book made everything that happened so much easier to understand and it really made me realize that everyone has issues – some bigger than others – but also that everybody has a reason to live.

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!