Friday Favorites: 2.17.12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Favorite Fashion Trend: Colored Denim. I remember wearing colored denim a couple of years ago during my freshman year of high school! I’m really glad that this trend is starting to resurface. I just purchased a pair of teal pants a couple weeks ago from Forever 21, but the colors that I really like are the pastels! They are perfect for the upcoming Spring season. Gap has a wide variety of colors – but sometimes they can be a bit expensive – so if you are looking for a deal, Forever 21 is going to be your best bet!

Favorite Quote: “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Favorite Laugh: Perfect Date Dating Video. I thought that this would be the perfect video to share since Valentine’s Day was just this past week. The first time I watched this video was sometime last year and I still laugh hysterically every time I watch it.

Favorite New Flick: The Vow. A couple of my girlfriends and I went to go see this movie this past weekend. It’s definitely a tear-jerker (especially if you’re an emotional cry baby, like myself) but the story behind this movie is beautiful. A must-see, if you ask me!

Favorite Artist: Silvia Pelissero (aka Agnes-Cecile). I remember when I was little, I would sit in the kitchen with a huge smock on and paint numerous amounts of pictures with my finger-paints. This past week, I have been trying to get back into the gist of things, painting with acrylics and watercolors whenever I have an ounce of free time. One of my biggest inspirations is Silvia Pelissero, an artist from Italy that uses primarily watercolors along with other techniques to create her artwork, which can be seen here. I am definitely nowhere close to her level of talent, but I hope that someday my artwork will look at least half as good as hers.

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!