Friday Favorites: 11/18/11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Favorite Place: 
Citi Pond at Bryant Park. Ice skating is one of my favorite Winter activites and when I was in the city last weekend, I was so excited to see The Pond set up at Bryant Park in Midtown Manhattan. They have so many cute little shops set up around the ice rink making it a great place to go on a date or just hang out with friends. The Pond is open until February 26th, 2012.

Favorite Steal: Scarves from Forever 21. Since it is getting colder, one thing that you may want to have handy are some knit scarves. They can dress up an outfit while keeping you warm. Forever 21 has a great collection of Winter scarves for less than $10 a piece. Now tell me that’s not a steal!

Favorite On-Campus Breakfast: Cappuccino Muffin and Coffee from the Student Center Cafe. I know it may seem like a lot having a muffin and a coffee all at once, but trust me, it’s well worth it. This small breakfast is great if you’re in a rush to get to class or if you just want something small yet filling. It is also very nice on the wallet! Unfortunately, the Student Center Cafe does not always have the cappuccino muffin, but when they do, I make sure to grab one!

Favorite Picture: Click here!

Favorite Laugh: Online E-Cards. I stumbled upon this site called Bluntcards.com and instantly fell in love. Obviously, all of the e-cards are overly blunt and absolutely hysterical. Visit the site if you’re in need of a good laugh.

Favorite TV Show:
 Criminal Minds. Lately, I have been watching this show whenever I have free time. It always seems to be on ION (channel 3 on campus). What I like most about the show is that it begins and ends with an inspirational quote that usually leaves you thinking. It’s a great watch for anyone who enjoys crime shows!

Favorite Thing About Thanksgiving: Spending the day with my family. I don’t know about anyone else but since I am from St. Louis, I haven’t seen my family since I moved in here at Hofstra. For Thanksgiving, we all sit around the dining room table eating pounds of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pie. Then we crowd around the TV to watch football. It’s a pretty relaxing day at the LaPak household. I think the short vacation will be refreshing and being able to spend a couple of days with my crazy, funny, loving family will be very enjoyable.

I hope everyone has a wonderful break! :)

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!