Friday Favorites: 10.14.11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Favorite Near-Campus Eat: Pie Sanos. Located conveniently on Hempstead Turnpike, this restaurant is one of the best places to fill your italian food cravings. What’s my favorite thing to eat at Pie Sanos? Their New York Style cheese pizza. I went there last friday with my boyfriend and ended up eating half of an 18″ pizza because it was so good! Don’t have the time or transportation to get there? Well, guess what… They deliver! Call (516) 796 – 2500 next time you are craving some delicious, authentic italian cuisine!

Favorite Website: Lookbook.nu. This website is a fashion/beauty forum where users post pictures of their daily outfits and have discussions about new trends, advice, make-up, and all things girly. I joined the other day and I get a lot of inspiration for my own fashion choices from peoples’ looks around the globe.

Favorite Midnight Snack
: Graham Crackers & Nutella. This combination is truly my guilty pleasure (even more guilty when I snack on this while watching my favorite TV shows!). Both are available at Dutch Treats (Open 24/7).

Favorite Shoes: Combat boots. I always spot girls on campus wearing these! They give any look a cool, tough edge. I think it may be time to get myself a pair! Wet Seal currently has this pair on sale for $25.99.

Favorite Place to Shop: Forever 21. This past week, I’ve ordered 13 items online. Everything is just so cheap and so cute! They have a variety of different fashions to fit everybody’s personal taste. Their items are also very nice to your wallet! Forever 21 allows me to have the looks I love while also staying on my college budget.

Favorite Song: Unbroken by Demi Lovato. This song gets me so pumped up! I have been listening to it everyday this week while walking to class.

Favorite Celebrity Idol: Lucy Hale. She is most famous for her role as Aria on ABC Family’s hit TV series Pretty Little Liars. For all of you PLL fans, there is a special Halloween episode airing Wednesday (10/19) at 8pm.

Friday Favorites is a weekly series by Katelyn LaPak which centers on all things fun, fierce and fabulous.

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!