Finding a Job Told by Gifs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Finding yourself a job shows a sense of responsibility and maturity. No matter what the type of job or the age you are, a job can be hard to find these days. A job hunt is stressful and not the least bit enjoyable. Here are the typical phases every candidate goes through leading up to finding a job.

You go to a friend to be your shoulder to cry on about being broke and not having a job

You start to feel somewhat confident in yourself, but then dwindle at the slightest sign of defeat

You feel overly confident in your resume and abilities and are in denial that you’re unemployed

When you get another email saying you didn’t get the job

And when you finally hear back from someone

I am a freshman at Hofstra University. I am from Long Island, NY and I am a broadcast journalism major. I am an avid photographer, traveler, artist and writer.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.