books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Finals Week at Hofstra As Told By The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

When the professor tells you the final is cumulative on the last day of class

The first snow/study day rolls around, but you are in complete denial that it’s finals week

Making outlines on your laptop turns into anything but

The feeling of panic when you realize you know nothing and have to start studying

Trying to find a spot in the library

Finally finding a cubicle only to procrastinate on your phone

When you’re out of meal plan money, but you remember free Late Night Breakfast

Realizing that all this study time takes away from enjoying the holidays

When you realize your professor expects you to review 200+ slides for one test

Pulling your first all-nighter of the week

Doing the walk of shame from Axinn straight to class

Leaving your first final

Seeing snapchats of your friends who have been home for a week

By day three, you’ve already established yourself as a late night regular at Sbarro’s

And sometimes breakfast is a pint of ice cream from Dutch at 4 A.M.

When you remember Hofstra has a free massage station

And PUPPIES

Hitting the point where you spend most of your study time calculating the lowest possible grade you need on this exam to pass

Then debating whether it is too late to drop the class

Being the first on line at Starbucks because you never went to sleep

Saying your final goodbyes to your professors

The feeling of relief when you finish your last final and go home

Jersey girl. Senior Accounting major at Hofstra University. Treasurer for Hofstra's Her Campus chapter. Raven loves entertainment, fashion, and fitness, and has a true passion for journalism. Be sure to check out her favorite form of social media, Pinterest: /ravenjtak
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.