Fashion Challenge: Celebrate Halloween During Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

I hate scary movies; I can’t stand them.  I find the urge to always yell at the TV, “Don’t go investigate that noise downstairs, it’s the murderer!” I’m the girl in the theater with her eyes covered, jumping at every loud noise.
Considering this I find it surprising how much I love Halloween, a holiday based around fright.  If you’re a fan of dressing up, no doubt Halloween is one of your favorite holidays as well. Who doesn’t love putting on a costume and getting to use crazy make-up?

Sadly, Halloween falls on a Monday this year. But have no fear you can still find ways to celebrate during the day without showing up to Math dressed like a vampire or a member of the Jersey Shore cast. Just adding a few festive accessories can put you in the mood!

Tips:

1. I love how Betsey Johnson dressed up these skulls with purple flowers and rhinestones. It makes them look classy, well as classy as a skull can look. Pair them off with a pair of purple tights to give this look a more feminine feel.

2. If you feel like dressing a little more on the dark side try a black sheer blouse from ModCloth and colored pants. Even if you suffer from a slight form of arachnophobia—and who doesn’t—these earrings from ASOS to add a haunting touch to your outfit. Plus they have little sparkles on them, so they’re not too scary.

We may be too old to go trick or treating, but there’s no reason we can’t have a little spooky style throughout the day. Whether you plan on going out to a party or wait around to see the Great Pumpkin, have a Happy Halloween!

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!