This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Some may call this season autumn but we all know our favorite part is when the leaves change colors and eventually fall. Get to collecting my friends because the warm hues of red, orange and yellow on your trees make for some aesthetically pleasing home décor. The bonus is now you can finally find the motivation to rake your lawn, or just stop by Michaels for some silk leaves!

A few basic supplies to have before we get started are leaves, Modge Podge and a paintbrush.

Candle Holder

Nothing is better than filling your home with pumpkin spice, apple cinnamon or other warm autumn scents. You simply just need a mason jar in which you will slowly Modge Podge each leaf to, using a paintbrush. For added flair, wrap around straw towards the top and lastly place in your favorite scent!

Glittered Leaf Garland

This is the perfect accessory to any bare staircase rails, windowsills or doorways (depending on how trusting you are)! I would recommend silk leaves for this one, as you have to hole punch in the middle of the leaf on the stem end. Glitter the leafs with corresponding colors then attach them to a silk ribbon.

Rustic Leaf Portrait

This is the ideal gift for your fall obsessed friend *hint hint*! Buy a simple slate of wood from Michaels and recreate the shape of a leaf using many smaller leaves and Modge Podge and finally a twig to recreate the stem attached with wood glue.

Decorated Pumpkins

For all of you unlucky ones, myself included, who haven’t mastered pumpkin carving and are still shamelessly using Sharpie – STOP. This craft is as simple as buying a pumpkin, making the day out of it with friends  and simply attaching leaves around the base or in your own desired design and voilà, you’ve got a pumpkin worth showing off!

Leaf Bowl

Looking for something to hold your keys in along with other random things? This brightly colored craft will make sure you never forget these items. Simple blow up a balloon and slowly start using Modge Podge to attach leaves to the wide end. Give it time to dry and cut off the excess balloon, depending on your desired size balloon.

Happy Crafting!

Hofstra '17 Hofstra Chapter Vice President (December '16 - December '17) From a young age Naledi has been obsessed with all things pop culture and entertainment. Through writing for Her Campus she has been able to reach a large audience of badass collegiate women who share her crazy passions as well. Beyond Her Campus Naledi is IN LOVE with Hofstra. Her favorite part? The school of comm for allowing her to branch out and get a real dip into the real world prior to graduating. Additionally Naledi is one of those classic people who studies abroad in the spring of 2016 and won't ever stop talking about it! Her best advice? Go and see the world kids and fall in love with your major like Ali and Noah from the Notebook fell in love with each other.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.