nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Activities Around NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Apple Picking

Everyone loves to go apple picking in the fall. Don’t pretend you don’t. There are numerous orchards on Long Island out in Suffolk County and upstate in the Westchester area. Drinking apple cider, eating cider donuts, and baking with the apples are favorite fall activities. Pumpkin farms are popular too!

Walk the High Line

This public park runs along the west side of Manhattan. It’s filled with gardens and public art installations that you can view along the way. The High Line is open until 10:00 p.m. There are only a few more weeks left before it gets too cold so take a walk and enjoy your time outside.

Wine Tasting on Long Island

Long Island has lots of wineries. Gather up a group of friends, don’t forget to have a DD, and visit a vineyard. If you’re on a budget, splitting a tasting with a group comes down to a reasonable price. Some wineries have food, so you can have a meal or appetizers with your wine.

Visit Smorgasburg & Brooklyn Flea Food Market

This food stand extravaganza is coming to a close, so go while you still can! They have a few different locations including Williamsburg, Queens, and Prospect Park, so check the website for when and where to go. Restaurants from around the city have stands all set up. The food is delicious and it’s a great place to spend your weekend afternoon strolling around. This is just one of many food festivals happening this season!

I am an aspiring journalist studying at Hofstra University. My interests include, fashion, techno, and travel. Dirty chai is my favorite. I'm obsessed with red wine. And vegan ice cream is where it's at. xx
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.