Essential Winter Skincare Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Now that we are entering the wintertime months, the weather is harsh and starts to really take a toll on our skin. Usually, I realize that my hands dry up after just a minute of being outside if I’m not wearing gloves and that my face starts to feel dry as well even if I moisturize. Sometimes moisturizer isn’t enough for our skin and we might have to start adding face oils and serums to extra moisture. Here is a list of essential products that I am using for the winter season.   

The first thing I am putting on the list is this Farsali Unicorn Essence. It’s a water based serum that helps protect the skin from radical damage and prepares the skin for a longer-lasting makeup application. 

The second item on this list that I want to add is the Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil by Fresh beauty. It’s mixed with pure various oils with nourishing omegas 3,6,7, and 9. This lightweight formula absorbs quickly on the skin for a boost of vital moisture and maintains the skin’s elasticity and smoothness to help retain moisture.  

This third face oil is by Biossance and it’s the Squalane and Vitamin C Rose Oil. It’s known to brighten the skin, firm, and even the look and feel of the skin. Something I really like about this product is that it’s dermatologist tested and suitable for all skin types including for sensitive skin which is very important for those of us that can’t just put any type of product on due to our skin sensitivity. 

One of my favorite moisturizers to use in the dry harsh winter temperatures where I feel that my face might fall off from the harsh winds is this B-Hydra Intensive Hydratant Gel by Drunk Elephant. This moisturizer is basically supposed to be a cool glass of water for any type of thirsty skin. It’s uniquely formulated with pro-vitamin B5 and pineapple ceramide and the B-Hydra does the job of attracting and holding moisture to the skin helping it look healthy and illuminated. It’s supposed to give 24 hours of continuous hydration and helping your skin look brighter and more youthful with every application. The best parts about this product is that it’s vegan and gluten-free. 

A post shared by Juqee (@alterjuqee) on

There are many more face oils and moisturizers that help with dryness in the winter months. These are the four items that help me each year during the winter time and my skin feels the results. I recommend these items to anybody but of course, every skin is different and you should always listen to your body on what it needs. 

Graduate student at Hofstra University studying broadcast journalism. Follow me on Instagram @queen_lthalia & @lepetitlthalia (my fashion & beauty account)