Easy Fall Inspired Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The fall season can be an amazing time for make-up. For the first time since the beginning of spring, it will be cold enough that you won’t have to worry about your make-up sweating off. This means looks will become bolder and more dramatic. With the leaves changing, beautiful, dark and vibrant colors start appearing more and more. If you need help deciding on what make-up to wear for the upcoming months, read along. This article will let you know the top looks for this time of year that can be done by anyone.

Rusty/Copper Eyes

“Rust” is this fall’s It Color and you’ll see it all over this season. Its almost-maroon hue matches the changing leaves and can also be a showcase color in the “Sunset Eye” trend of right now. Copper is its go-to cousin that pairs better with darker skin tones due to its golden undertones. To achieve a just-going-to-class-but-still-on-trend look, pack your favorite rusty (or copper) color onto your lid and blend outwards with a blending brush. Then, use a tapered shadow brush to line your lower lash line with the same color, buff out the edges, add your favorite liner and some mascara, and you’re ready for this fall trend! You can pair it with a nude lip and a subdued face look to make your eyes pop. An all-in-one, budget-friendly palette for this look is the Morphe 25A Copper Spice Eyeshadow Palette.

($18, www.morphebrushes.com)

Wind-Kissed Cheeks

As the fall weather approaches, cooler temperatures bring out a natural flush to girls’ and guys’ cheeks. If you love that wind-kissed cheek look, then fall is the perfect time to recreate it. By finding a blush that matches the color of your natural cool nipped cheeks you can easily replicate the look for the whole day. It will truly complement your face without going over the top. Swirl the warmer, redder color onto the apples of your cheeks with a blush brush and a light hand, and swipe outwards towards your temples to get the illusion of the natural flush. Fair girls should go for peachier tones, while darker skin tones should sweep a mauve or rust (again).  

Matte Lips (Darker Colors)

Burgundy! Burgundy! Burgundy! Dark lip colors are perfect for the fall. Now that the days are getting less bright and the sun is setting faster, darker colors pair well with the season’s surroundings. Burgundy, Plum Purple, and Nude Liquid Lipsticks are just some of the matte lip colors you will see girls rocking this fall. These lips, especially the nudes, are great complements to the rusty and copper eyes on trend this season. Your college-budget nude best friend is the Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Bare It All.

($2… yes, really. $2. Local Drugstores.)

Monochromaticity

One of 2017’s big makeup trends has been the monochromatic face. Pink eyes, pink cheeks, pink lips; red eyes, red cheeks, red lips; and so on and so forth. For the fall, this look is entirely attainable with, you guessed it, fall’s It Color: Rust. Wear the light burgundy as an eye look,  blush, and lip color. Wear with your best foundation and a gold highlight to compliment your favorite fall foliage!

Fall Colors

Fall is the perfect time to start implementing colors like orange and brown into your daily routine. If you are adventurous then try out an orange or brown lip color. However, if you want to try out something that’s different yet still reserved, try using an orange-based eyeshadow palette. If you are still uncomfortable with trying out these fall colors, you can simply start with switching out black eyeliner for brown.

Top off these trends with a Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) and your favorite pair of Uggs, and you’re on your way to the most fashion-forward fall yet!

Hey, my name is Ella Marsh and I am currently a freshmen here at Hofstra. I'm really passionate about writing and fashion, but honestly I am just excited to share what I know with you all. Just like everyone, I'm still growing and learning. I know I will learn a lot through my own college experiences and I hope that you are able to learn from them. If I make college or life a little easier or happier for at least one of you, I'll be one happy pup. Thanks again! Peace out for now!