Style > Beauty

E.L.F. Cosmetic Products You Need in Your Makeup Routine

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

As someone who enjoys doing their makeup every day, finding inexpensive products that are high quality and leave me feeling beautiful is a must. However, when you walk into any beauty store, it can be extremely overwhelming to decide what makeup products are for you. There are endless numbers of brands out there that promote themselves to young people as the best makeup products, but sometimes they aren’t as great as you were told they were. But, when it comes to e.l.f. Cosmetics, they have very affordable options that not only work but are easy to use, accessible to buy at most drugstores near you, and still leave you with a gorgeous end result that will have you going to work, class, a night out, or simply a fun night playing with makeup feeling confident and happy with your purchase! As a person who stands by e.l.f. Cosmetics products, here is a list of some of my favorite items that you need to add to your everyday makeup routine!

Primer

Starting strong with a base product for any kind of makeup look you are going for, having a primer that works well to lock in your makeup for as long as possible is a must. The e.l.f. Cosmetics Power Grip Primer is a product that has never let me down! It has a sticky formula that applies nicely to the face, and you can tell almost instantly that it will keep any concealer or foundation you put on in place for any occasion. Coming from a girl who never used to use primer, making the switch and incorporating it into my everyday routine was life-changing, and I will never go back to not using one! Every day, I know that with my Power Grip Primer, my makeup will not come off, and I trust this product 100%!

gzocdAzUkBv8M9Hl0M5opltwkNaBEYlJ Q7adZEXfFw 7PW0j6m0Dw5MaZhNhwAvTstHD6H4DVMRl9X bIQHQK vkOsUciV3muVm3XhH46f6jF4Uo m2cbnPo8cGTA 44 Ko9mvUVKk

Foundation and Concealer

Onto the next amazing e.l.f. cosmetics products: the Halo Glow Liquid Filter Foundation and the Hydrating Camo Concealer! These products are great for people who want to cover up any blemishes or dark spots on their face but don’t want anything that is too heavy or makes their face feel cakey. The Halo Glow Foundation has a nice glowy finish that complements anyone’s skin tone! They have twelve different shades of this product! And with the help of the PowerGrip timer, my foundation stays on like a charm. This is by far my favorite foundation. I also love the Camo Concealer because it gives you the perfect amount of coverage and brightens up the face nicely! E.l.f. has twenty-five different shades of concealer, and this product is even perfect for when you aren’t feeling like wearing any foundation but are still looking to cover up some imperfections. It always leaves my face feeling light and as if I don’t even have any makeup on my face. The packaging for both of these products is very chic and elegant, coming in glass packaging with easy-wand applicators. If you are currently on the hunt for new options for a foundation or concealer, I highly recommend checking out both of these lovely products!

EEksya KLw2k EMrzGnj647Xxbv5c38S2G23vSiYG0fQwJguFiXBXMzfQe3 m6Psgt858e3T f53MQ8OLTpdk ykPeBNTrua8MIz1ISHWeev0AmPhKSjl7D0C 85mV73VZucCRQO 6hZoXvpS2uOvQ

Contour

When it comes to contour, I was always someone who used powder-based products until I came across the e.l.f. Cosmetic Halo Glow Contour Beauty Wand. It is a liquid-based contour that applies just the right amount of product to your face and gives your face a little color that it might be lacking, just like mine in the dead of the long winter months! It is easy to blend out with any beauty sponge or brush and compliments your skin, bringing some warmth back to your face! It also has a glossy finish that works well when you are using the foundation or concealer products from e.l.f. There are currently five different shades of this product, and it is a great product if you want to make the switch from a powder contour to a liquid contour!

x2TzH5AKGzQQCfC3f

Eyebrows

Moving onto the last few products I would recommend you include in your everyday makeup routine, I am a huge fan of e.l.f. Cosmetics eyebrow products. Personally, I have very light eyebrows, just like my light blonde hair, so finding a product that wasn’t super dark or orange-toned for filling in my eyebrows was something that was definitely a challenge for a long time. However, when I came across e.lf.’s Instant Lift Waterproof Brow Pencil, I knew I was never changing products again. The lightest shade they have is a perfect match for my eyebrows and is a nice light blonde color with no orange undertones that can cause the makeup to not look its best. It is easy to use and lasts quite a long time. Each brow pencil is double-sided and comes with the product on one end and a spoolie on the other to brush the pencil through your brows and make the makeup look cohesive on your face. There are six different shades of this eyebrow pencil, and I know many people who really enjoy this product and love the formula and how simple it is to use. Another product I use when doing my eyebrows is Brow Lift Gel. After I have used my Instant Lift Brow Pencil, I go in with this gel to give my eyebrows that soapy brow look, and it holds them in place all day long! It doesn’t take any of the previous product off; it just slides on nicely and prevents any of the other product from coming off throughout a long day. When I use both of these products together, I finish my makeup feeling confident in the way I look, and I don’t see myself changing up this routine any time soon! 

sLJljlETf3ryfrvkORFPI n8qG cVh4rcrFD9WlyZuL7qGDVzC3fut8Au7iuncOq3jnO9XaHNCoiEexRckyIr0HJkPkuSwHOaXbB2ILU8F1IjPopwXjkmRBe6lHf w9BZRUyYJMl2hGaGhYaZAy7aQ

Get inspired!

Now that you know a whole bunch of different products from e.l.f. Cosmetics and how useful they are, I hope you were able to get some inspiration on some products that could make a wonderful addition to your everyday makeup routine. All the items listed above are extremely affordable and under $15! All my college students out there will greatly appreciate this very low price! With e.l.f. cosmetics as a staple in your routine, I can guarantee you will start your day feeling confident and beautiful, no matter what!

Heddi Wells

Hofstra '26

Heddi Wells is a sophomore at Hofstra University. She is from Connecticut and is majoring in Music Business with a minor in Social Media Marketing. She is interested in writing about pop culture, fashion and beauty trends, music, and the music industry.