This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Welcome back to Dorm Room DIY! 

Hey everyone! Because Halloween is right around the corner I thought it would be super cute to make some mini tombstones as well as some larger ones! 

Here’s what you need: 

• Paper or cardboard
  • Hot glue gun, tape, or regular glue
  • Pencil
  • Ruler (or something that will act as one) 
  • Scissors

First, you are going to draw an outline of the tombstone in pencil. 

Then, you’re going to draw some flaps so that you can eventually make this 3D and cut it out. 

After you cut this out you can make an identical tombstone shape WITH ONLY the flaps on the top and on the bottom. But you will not need the side flaps on the bottom (you’ll see more if you scroll down) and then cut that out as well. 

Next, fold along the lines and you can glue or tape here: 

Put the sides together to make it partially 3D and then glue on the other piece here: 

Once you have taped or glued everything together, all that is left is the decoration! Have fun with this! 

Here is another outline you can cut out and follow the same directions as above!

For an upcoming Trunk or Treat event that Her Campus Hofstra is participating in, I made this larger version of a tombstone out of a cardboard box. You can also do this if you follow the directions above. I would suggest using a hot glue gun or some gorilla glue to hold the cardboard together. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this weeks DIY and if you want to see how I did this step by step, you can follow @hchofstra on Snapchat and see it there! Every Thursday I will be taking over the Snapchat and showing you guys exactly how I get my DIY’s done!

Thanks so much for reading!

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.