element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Dorm Room DIY: Snowflakes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Welcome back to another Dorm Room-DIY!

You may be wondering why I’m already starting to decorate my room for Christmas when it isn’t even Thanksgiving yet, but I just simply love Christmas so I figured I would start early! Today’s DIY is more of a winter idea more than a Christmas one but it is totally up to you on how you would like to make it look!

I first found this Snowflake DIY when I was on Pinterest!

Here is what you need: 

• Popsicle Sticks
  • Hot glue gun (or any glue) 
  • Paint 
  • Paint Brush

First, you can start by setting out the base of the snowflake. This is only one option. On the @hchofstra Snapchat this Thursday I will be showing you guys a ton of other possibilities you can do with these.

Then you can start gluing your snowflake together in pieces. This is the easiest way to do it because popsicle sticks are really hard to work with if they aren’t glued to anything. 

Then for my snowflake design, you can start gluing those half pieces together. 

Before you start gluing the rest, you can add the rest of the flake on both sides. 

Then glue everything together and paint!

This is quick and easy DIY and shouldn’t take you very long. You can paint it whatever color you would like and you can also make a ton of different designs. Also, don’t forget to check Her Campus Hofstra out on Snapchat (@hchofstra) to see more designs and to find out what the final paint look for this snowflake is! 

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.