This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Welcome back to Dorm Room DIY!

This week I’m going to show you how to spice up your room with some awesome pictures and a super easy way to display them with things you (should) have in your dorm room!

All you need is:

• A Sharpie (of any color)
  • String
  • Pictures
  • Tape
  • Scissors
  • Piece of paper

First, you can start by taking the piece of paper and rolling it so it creates a small tube. (Starting with the longest side will work best. Secure the paper with some tape.

After this, you can use the sharpie to color the “front” of the tube that you will see your desired color.

From there, you can tape the string on both sides of the tube so it hangs like below.

After, tape more string to the back of the tube so it hangs down and pictures can be attached.

Attach your pictures and hang where desired!

Ideally, you would want a very large piece of paper or small pictures. I worked with what I had but if I was to do it again, I would definitely get smaller pictures!

Thanks for joining me!

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.