This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Welcome back to Dorm Room DIY! With a new semester upon us, I’m super excited for all that is in store. Fall is my favorite time of the year because there is so much to do and so much to make! DIY, as you know, is also my favorite so today I am bringing you a Fall inspired DIY!

All you will need is: 

• A Starbucks Frappuccino (The glass, you can drink the rest) 
  • Jute Rope (which you can find at a local craft store or on Amazon for a few bucks)
  • Glue Dots (which you can find at a local craft store or on Amazon for about 5 bucks) (the size of a nickel will work best or bigger rather than smaller)
  • Flowers (fake or real both will work) 
  • Scissors 

So after you finish drinking that awesome drink, wash it out, dry it and remove the labels. (It’s okay if the backing stays, that will be helpful later) 

You can then start by adding a glue dot at the bottom and attaching the jute rope. The glue dots have a hard time sticking to the glass but they will and they work perfectly. You just have to get them to stick on the actual glass and not on your fingers. 

From there you can continue to add glue dots (to make the wrapping happen a little quicker) on the glass bottle in 4 different points. 

Then you can continue to wrap the rope around the bottle making sure that it sticks completely. You can add different colors if you would like to spice it up a little more!

TIP: Once you get towards the top of the bottle, try to pull a little less tight to make sure they don’t slide up. I had a small issue with this and didn’t realize until I was almost finished. 

Once you have finished wrapping the jute rope, the only thing that is left is adding the flowers or any type of item you would like to put in it. Like I said, real or fake flowers can be used. 

Then you’re finished! 

Thanks so much for reading and allowing me to give you a great way to recycle all your Starbucks glasses! See you next week!

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.