This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

While most of you might have completed your holiday shopping already, there may be a few of you still struggling to come up with last minute gift ideas. At this point, the thought of going to the mall seems way too exhausting. If you still have a few people left to gift or are trying to save some money, here are a few DIYs you can do for the holidays.

For the Parent – Spa Basket

Who doesn’t enjoy getting a little spa package. You’ll need a few things to come up with your own personal spa day.

• Bucket or container
  • Multiple mason jars
  • Peppermint essential oil, 1 cup sugar, ½ cup coconut oil or avocado oil mixed together to make scrub
  • Loose leaf tea of your choice (or traditional tea bags)
  • 1 cup coconut oil (solid form) and a few drops of essential oils whipped using an electric mixer for about 5-7 minutes to make body butter
  • Ribbon for wrapping around the jars
  • Fuzzy socks or warm slippers
  • 1 tablespoon dried rose petals, lavender flowers and chamomile flowers for the bath
  • 1 ounce glycerin, 2 cups water, 2 ounces castile soap, and essential oils to make a bubble bath

For the Significant Other – Sharpie Mug

Bring out your artsy side by personalizing a mug for your significant other. You can write their favorite quote or song lyrics, or decorate it using their favorite sports team’s colors. Everyone loves mugs, especially around the colder months. All you have to do is get a plain mug and a sharpie that is the paint marker oil based pen (if they’re not the oil based pens, it will wash off). If you want to sketch with a pencil before using the sharpie, you totally can. Once you’re done designing, let your mug dry for at least 3 days before baking it in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees F.

Try filling the mug with their favorite candy, a picture of you two, their favorite Starbucks ground coffee (the holiday blend is my personal favorite), or anything else you think they’d like along with the mug. Then wrap it with a nice bow.

For the Best Friend – Infused Vodkas

These infused vodka mixes have various spices and flavors incorporated. After you’re finished infusing, you can pour the mixtures into decorative bottles for a more festive look. Check out the recipe on Good Housekeeping http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/easy/a35812/infused-vodkas/

Hopefully these DIYs helped you come up with a few more gift ideas for this holiday season. Don’t stress too much about it because whoever you end up gifting a DIY to, will see the effort you put into it and love it!

Areeba Khan

Hofstra '18

Areeba earned her Master of Health Administration from Hofstra University with distinction after graduating with a Bachelor's in Biology from Hofstra. She currently works at Northwell Direct as a Project Manager. When she's not reading or writing, Areeba is usually trying out a new restaurant or dessert spot with her friends.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.