freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Definitive Ranking of the Best TV Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Whether you spent Valentine’s as a single gal or with a significant other, there’s no denying that love is in the air (or maybe it’s the scent of discounted chocolate?). 

We asked the members of Her Campus Hofstra to share their favorite TV couples and, well, get ready to swoon. From throwback high school sweethearts to best friends-turned-soul mates, these couples are #allthegoals…and they’re also the best TV couples of all time. But, fair warning: spoilers lie ahead! 

Luke and Lorelai, Gilmore Girls

Giphy.com

“From the very first episode, it was clear that these two were simply meant to be. Luke is the only person who can keep up with Lorelai’s quick wit (besides Rory) and everything about their relationship is perfect.” – Sarah Hanlon

Jake and Amy, Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Giphy.com

“They never compromise their quirks for each other, and they have so much fun together.” – Becca Lo Presti

Sutton and Richard, The Bold Type

Giphy.com

“They had a complicated relationship, but they were always there for each other even when they weren’t together. And thank GOD they found their way back to each other.” – Maddie Merinuk

Nathan and Haley, One Tree Hill

Giphy.com

“They’ve literally been through the worst of experiences and still managed to stick together and that really is true love.” – Antonella Colon

Leslie and Ben, Parks and Recreation

Giphy.com

“They didn’t completely get along at first, but the progression of their relationship not only as friends but as a couple is adorable and perfect.” – Paige Strout

Eleanor and Chidi, The Good Place

Giphy.com

“Of course, we all knew they were going to be endgame, but how they find their way back to each other is cheesy as heck that you are required to love it. And with this season ending, I need Season 4 right about now.” – Sabrina Josephson

Cory and Topanga, Boy Meets World

Giphy.com

“Definitely a throwback but I always loved Cory and Topanga from boy meets world.” – Courtney Adema

Claire and Jamie, Outlander

Giphy.com

“They continue to look out for each other and are always able to talk about their issues! They also look so good together! ” – Courtney Shapiro

Schmidt and CeCe, New Girl

Giphy.com

“They started from just a really casual thing but fell in love with each other. They love to joke around but underneath it all, they care for each other so much and would do anything for one another! ” – Ilana Sugarman

Meredith and Derek, Grey’s Anatomy

Giphy.com

“They have such good chemistry and even though they went through the worst things, they always were there for each other. ” – Bette Donker

Hyde and Jackie, That ’70s Show

Giphy.com

“They’re the absolute cutest example of ‘opposites attract.'” – Alissa Anderson

Sarah Hanlon is a senior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a major in journalism. She almost always has an iced coffee in her hand, and she's an avid lover of online shopping, reality TV, and New York City. When she’s not researching all things Kate Middleton or reading lifestyle blogs, you can find her binge watching The Bachelor or writing about the latest pop culture, fashion and beauty trends. After college, she hopes to make a career out of her love for TV and style in New York. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram: sarahhanlon_.