Danny Elliott ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

NAME: Danny Elliott

AGE: 20

CLASS STANDING: Sophomore

MAJOR: Sustainability and Economics

HOMETOWN: Nottingham, England

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

INVOLVEMENT AT HOFSTRA: Just the Soccer team, that’s about it really.

HOBBIES: Apart from playing soccer, just hanging out with the guys and playing Xbox to be honest.

FUN FACT: I play the piano quite well I just never get to play here at college.

FAVORITE FOOD: My favorite food is fish and chips! I miss having it like I do at home. I mean chips like fries, what you call chips we call crisps.

FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM: My favorite sports team is Liverpool FC.

FAVORITE TV SHOW: My favorite TV show is an English comedy called The Inbetweeners. They made a show called Inbetweeners USA but it’s nowhere near as funny.

FAVORITE SONG: My favorite song is actually Confessions Pt. II by Usher, no idea why.

PET PEEVES: Having to do group projects in class! I hate it because there’s always someone who does nothing.

CELEB CRUSH: Definitely Beyonce.

WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GIRL: Nothing really, there’s not a certain thing I look for.

WORST DATE: Once I actually went for dinner with a girl, and I told my friends about it. They all decided to come along and sit on the table beside us and make it awkward.

IDEAL DATE: Going to the beach I think.

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS: Hopefully playing soccer – whether that’s in this country or in Europe, but if not I’d like to think I will still be in America.

ROLE MODEL: I’m going to go for Thierry Henry. He has been my favorite footballer since I was much younger.

ONE PLACE YOU WANT TO TRAVEL TO: I’ve always wanted to visit California!

Currently a Sophomore at Hofstra University working towards a BA in Journalism, with a minor in Sociology. In the past Clare has worked for the non-profit Plan USA to help run youth advocacy programs and has worked to promote youth governance and youth empowerment in social activism. After graduation, Clare hopes to work for Buzzfeed (fingers crossed) or another online news source. She is looking for her big break in life with the least amount of mistakes on the journey there.