Dancing with the Stars Week Four Recap!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Dancing With the Stars was back on Monday, October 10, on Disney Plus, for “Disney Plus Night!” For the fourth night of the competition, every couple stepped up their game making the competition even more intense! The remaining 13 couples all danced to songs inspired by their favorite movies and shows that can be streamed on Disney Plus. Monday’s scores had an 11-point gap between the lowest to highest couples, with scores ranging from 25 to 36. Monday’s show also featured three couples all receiving “9’s” across the board! 

As part of the Disney Plus Night theme, both Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse made numerous appearances on the dance floor. Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy from “The Muppets” also had a guest appearance during the night.

Joseph Baena and Daniella Karagach Pashkova were the first couple on the dance floor for the night. After missing two weeks of the competition from unexpectedly testing positive for COVID-19, Daniella was finally back! Joseph and Daniella, who haven’t danced together in two weeks, performed the first Charleston of the season to “A Star Is Born” from “Hercules.” Despite Daniella’s hiatus, the couple earned a 28 out of 40. 

Disney Plus Night featured awesome costumes from both the stars and the pros: Country singer Jessie James Decker and her partner Alan Bersten dressed as Billy Butcherson and Sarah Sanderson from “Hocus Pocus 2′;” Vinny Guadagnino and Koko Iwasaki hit the dance floor dressed as Luca and Giulia from “Luca;” Gabby Windey and Val Chmerkovskiy dressed as Gamora and Star-Lord from “Guardians of the Galaxy;” One of the most realistic costumes of the night was Charli D’Amelio and Mark Ballas being painted head to toe in yellow to resemble Homer and Marge Simpson from “The Simpsons.”

Charli and Mark, Gabby and Val, as well as Wayne Brady and Witney Carson all tied for first place for the week, for the third week in a row! All three couples earned all “9’s,” earning them all a 36 out of 40. 

Sam Champion and Cherly Burke landed at the bottom of the leaderboard for the night. The couple, which danced a Paso Doble to “The Greatest Show” from “The Greatest Showman,” only scored 25 out of 40. 

When it came time for elimination, Sam and Cheryl were in the elimination round once again alongside actor Trevor Donovan and his partner Emma Slater. It was a unanimous decision across all four judges to save Trevor and Emma for one more week, sending Sam and Cheryl home. 

Night five, which premieres Monday, October 17, marks the halfway point of the competition! Next week will be a two-night event– the first one of the season. Monday’s dances will all be inspired by the stars’ most memorable years of their lives, while Tuesday will be Prom Night! It will be exciting to see the couples compete with multiple routines for the first time this season!

Daniella is a sophomore at Hofstra University with a major in early childhood education. She is from Long Island, New York. In her free time she’s either reading, writing, scrolling on Instagram, watching Tik Toks, listening to Taylor Swift, catching up on pop culture, or spending time with her friends and sorority sisters.