Concert Craze: Brianna Nestor ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Brianna Nestor

Year: 2019

Major: Public Relations

There is nothing like the rush of excitement and thrill that comes over you when suddenly everything goes black, and flashes of neon lights shine from every angle of a crowded venue. That same exhilarating feeling is exactly what drives Brianna’s concert cravings which can only be satisfied by hearing her favorite artists live and in raw quality.

“I think there’s nothing else like seeing your favorite performer live and there’s no other place where I feel like I completely belong and I’m in my total element,” said Brianna about her passion for live music.

Over the chilly weekend, Brianna braved the brisk NYC weather to attend one of her favorite EDM artists, (that’s Electronic Dance Music, for anyone new to the music scene out there) Disclosure, at the world famous Madison Square Garden.

Q: What are some other artists you’ve seen live?

A: Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Drake, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Fall Out Boy, Ellie Goulding, Gwen Stefani, Maroon 5, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Parachute, Mac Miller (…and that’s just to name a few).

Q: What was it like seeing Disclosure live?

A: It was an absolutely amazing experience! It was nothing like I’d seen before. They know exactly how to get and keep the crowd pumped up.

Q: What was your favorite song they performed?

A: “Latch” because my friend Jeena and I waited two years to hear it live, and it was definitely worth the wait.

Q: How did Madison Square Garden compare to the other concert venues you’ve been to?

A: Well it’s Madison Square Garden—that’s like the big leagues. It’s somewhere I’ve always dreamed of going, and finally being there was so surreal. I can’t wait to go back.

Whether you’re seeing your favorite indie duo at a little hole-in-the-wall venue in Brooklyn, or screaming your lungs out to every song of a big-name band at Madison Square Garden, live music has a way of transforming the atmosphere of any room. With NYC right at our fingertips, we have an all access pass to every genre of music to fulfill our crazy concert fixations.

Happy concert hunting! xo 

Sophomore. Journalism major with a minor in Global Studies. I like Lifetime movies, eclectic music and those little meatballs from IKEA.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.