Style

Comfy Fall Clothing Items that Make it Look Like You Tried

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Fall is finally here! As you transition into cold weather, pumpkin spice, and Halloween preparations, you don’t have time for crazy, thought-out outfits. Or maybe you do, and the rest of us are just lazy. Either way, here are some comfy fall clothing items that make it look like you tried!

Jackets

Photo by louis amal on Unsplash

Layering is key to making it look like you put a lot of effort into your outfit, and an oversized autumn-colored jacket (think: olive green, maroon, mustard) can spruce up a plain t-shirt. Plus, who doesn’t love oversized jackets?

Hats

Photo by Ian Keefe on Unsplash

Hats work especially well if you’re having a bad hair day. Throw in some dry hair shampoo and cover up the bedhead with a trendy hat!

Scarves

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

It’s fall, how can you not accessorize with a big, warm scarf?

Shoes

Photo by Camila Damásio on Unsplash

As much as we love sneakers, switch them out for a bootie with a little heel. Cute, comfortable, and guaranteed to get you some compliments!

Jewelry

Photo by Gardie Design & Social Media Marketing on Unsplash

Last but not least, jewelry! Complete your look with some dainty rings, necklaces and some stud earrings. Gold usually feels more autumnal, but anything works!

And that’s how to make it look like you tried!

Gabby is a Video/Television student at Hofstra University. She loves comedy and hopes to write and produce her own sitcom someday.