Comfy & Chic Outfits For Thanksgiving Dinner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Even though we all say we won’t overeat at Thanksgiving dinner, we know we will. Honestly, would it really be Thanksgiving without overstuffing ourselves with mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie?—I don’t think so. While wearing sweatpants would be the most practical attire for optimal feasting, it’s also nice to look our best at dinner. While Thanksgiving is primarily a time to be thankful and surrounded by loved ones, it’s also a time for new Instagram opportunities. These three outfits are sure to have you looking your best while also allowing you to be comfortable through the entire day. 

The Casual Family Gathering

If you’re just spending Thanksgiving at grandma’s surrounded by your closest family, opt for leggings. You can easily dress them up with a nice sweater and a cute pair of booties. This is the perfect fall getup, while also being super comfortable.  

Shop the look: Sweater on sale for $30 / Leggings on sale for $10 / Boots $33

The Fancy Dinner Party

If your Thanksgiving plans involve a fancy dinner party or meeting your significant other’s parents at an upscale restaurant, a midi skirt is a great way to go. This one with an elastic waistband won’t keep you from enjoying dinner. Paired with sock boots, this look is super chic and makes you look really put together. 

Shop the look: Top $13 / Skirt $38 / Boots $35

The Friendsgiving Crowd

If you’re just celebrating with friends at their apartment or at a restaurant, a simple but classy outfit is your best bed. Friendsgivings can be tricky because you want to look super cute while also not overdoing it. A jumpsuit like this one with an elastic or adjustable waist is perfect for that turkey day dinner. 

Shop the look: Mules $23 / Jumpsuit on sale for $20 

Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.