Come Learn from “Women in Power” Monday March, 10th

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Are you a natural go-getter? Do you face challenges head on and diligently work to become the best in your field? Is your dream job not only in communications, but as a major component of a global media company? 

If you’ve said yes to any/all these questions, come join HC Hofstra in conjunction with Hofstra U’s Association of Black Journalists, Sigma Delta Sorority Inc. and Women in Action as we host “Women in Power” on Monday, March 10th.

This discussion and networking panel will feature four female media professionals who will give you an insider advice on what it takes to be successful in the competitive field of communications.

This event is being held in recognition of Women’s History Month and we’ve got some amazing women to inspire you.  Panelists in attendance will include 96.9 BZJ’s Kesha Monk, VP of Global Communications at Prudential Financial Dawn Kelly, and 105.7 WBLS’s Déjà vu, and HR Manager of Hot 97 105.7 WBLS, Patricia Robinson.

Bring yourself, your questions and your business cards to truly get the most out of this event!

It all starts at 7 PM in the Student Center Plaza Room West

A Boston girl living in New York, Sidney is a senior at Hofstra University double majoring in journalism and sociology. She's grown to love interviewing and feature writing after interning at  non-profits, Cosmopolitan Magazine, MTV News and the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. She is the Campus Correspondent of HC Hofstra as well as an active member in the Hofstra Association of Black Journalists, Ed2010 Hofstra and the Society of Collegiate Journalists. She loves dancing with her on-campus team, Imani Dance Ensemble, and has an incurable addiction to shoes, Boston sports teams and Japanese barbeque. Follow Sidney on Twitter, @Sid_Madden!