College Fashion Week NYC Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

If you walked down Lafayette street around 6pm last Saturday, you probably saw line of fashionable girls outside Santos Party House. That is because girls from all over came to strut their stuff and look at some amazing fashions at College Fashion Week.

NYC is one of the four cities that host the event along with Washington D.C, Boston, and Atlanta. Along with great fashion, the event had amazing sponsors! European Wax Center showed girls how to rock a strong brow and Jamberry helped us decorate our nails for the fall. The event even gave out swag bags filled with goodies from: Milani, European Wax Center, Simon, Skinny Pop, Luna, StyleWatch, and many more!

The show started with two musical acts. Columbia University’s all male a capella group called Columbia SHARP serenaded a room full of girls and added some much needed eye candy to the party! Next up was up and coming teen R&B sensation Teenear. The 18 year old showed off her pipes and dance moves before the main event: the fashion show.

The amazing fashion show was sponsored by Forever 21 and SOREL boots. It had five main looks for class, weekend, and date night. The event is one of a kind because it allows college girls of all shapes, sizes, and ethnicities the chance to walk down a catwalk and model. “I really loved meeting other students from different colleges,” said model and Hofstra junior Katie Spoleti. “It was comforting to know that even though we started out as strangers, by the end of the night we were laughing, hugging, and cheering each other on.”

The best part was that models were relatable and the looks were easy to obtain and see your-self in. “I think the concept of College Fashion Week is amazing. I think it is a beautiful idea to showcase hardworking, classy co-eds that are raw and real.”

Hey! I'm Marialena Rago from Philadelphia, PA. I am a junior journalism major and drama minor at Hofstra University. Alittle bit about me: I am a huge theatre fan...like crazy huge! I have my own theatre blog where I write about theatre and Broadway! If you are intrested check it out breatheinsingout.wordpress.com. I also write for a mazagine back home in South Philly where I am their theatre geek. So to say I love theatre is bit of an understatement! I have an English Bulldog named Winston who I love dearly. I am also a huge Audrey Hepburn fan! I read and write almost everyday...or I try to at least! Can't wait to get started writing for Her Campus as well! :D  
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.