nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Celeb Spot: A Peak into the Lavish Goody Bags of the 2018 Oscars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Not everyone can win an Oscar, but nominees never leave the Academy Awards empty handed. If you don’t know, A-listers who attend the show are given a huge goody bag full of expensive items. The bag for the 90th Academy Awards was worth nearly $100,000! Let’s take a look at some of the unique presents found in the glorious bags.

Tanzania trip

The 12-night vacation includes private air transportation and meals, spa services, a private safari guide and vehicle, a hot air balloon ride with a champagne breakfast, walking safaris, wild game drives, horseback riding, and snorkeling. The rooms alone at the prominent Sergenti Migration Camp, where guests will stay, start at $700 per night. Now this is a trip of a lifetime.

Photo courtesy of Unsplash.com.

Koala Landing Resort at Poipu

A six-night stay at a beautiful Hawaiian resort. Can you say goals?

Avaton Luxury Villas Resort

All you have to say are two words: Grecian island. One night at this dreamy resort is about $450!

Rogue Maple Syrup

Life for the famous can never be too sweet. This gourmet syrup is valued at $100 for a few small bottles!

Photo courtesy of Unsplash.com.

Epifruit

Nominees will never go hungry with a year supply of fresh fruit.

Reian Williams Fine Art

This artist will create a commissioned painting for each nominee.

23andMe

Valued at $199, nominees can send their DNA in and learn about their health and ancestry.

Blush & Whimsy color changing lipstick

This magical lipstick changes based on the temperature and pH of one’s skin. These sell for $22 a pop.

Photo courtesy of Unsplash.com.

Lifetime supply of Oxygenating Foundation and Oxygenating Hydro Matrix

It is no wonder why famous people age so well. Each product is priced at around $70 each.

Proven Cosmetics

This brand uses artificial intelligence to create a personalized skin care product. This is some high tech stuff!

Training sessions

Nominees will receive 10 complimentary training sessions with personal trainer, Alexis Seletzky.

Fear relief

Stars will be treated to an 18-minute phobia relief session with Kalliope Barlis.

dandi Patch

A sweat-reducing underarm patch. Because the famous don’t need to sweat, right?

Photo courtesy of Unsplash.com.

The bags are stuffed to the rim with tens of items, from 24K gold facial cream and Totallee hair care products to fancy snack boxes from Posh pretzels and Charleston & Harlow soy candles. If there is one thing to take away from this luxurious list, it’s that Oscar nominees will be too busy indulging in their incredible gifts to take on another role!

Sara is a senior journalism student at Hofstra University who aspires to one day be on the red carpet giving you the latest on all things celebrity. She is a current NBC intern and co-host of her campus' news show, Hofstra Today. She is also a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma sorority and Zeta Phi Eta, the Pre-Professional Fraternity in the Arts and Sciences of Communications. In her free time, she loves going to the beach, traveling, attending live performances and making memories with her friends and dogs. Follow her on Instagram: @sara__whit and on Twitter: @Sara_Whitman. She also has a travel blog at www.sarawhitmanythoughts.wordpress.com