Celeb Spot: 9 of Taylor Swift’s Most Memorable Tour Guests

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Taylor Swift’s highly anticipated Reputation Stadium Tour is kicking off today in Arizona. The “End Game” singer has given fans some sneak peaks into the show with a daily Instagram update for the 13 days leading up to the opening date. Some of the elements unveiled include an interesting rocket sled that shoots the singer from place to place in the venue very quickly, three stages, and that she will have eight costume changes. The country-gone-pop star is highly known for her A-list guests she invites on stage during her shows and fans are speculating who they might get to see this time around. Let’s take a look back at some of Swift’s most memorable tour guests.

#1989TourLA

A post shared by Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) on

Selena Gomez

The “Bad Liar” singer of course tops the list because nothing is sweeter than watching two best friends soak up the spotlight doing what they do best together. Gomez joined Swift at the Staples Center in L.A. for a duet of “Good For You.”

Bringing the Masses

Swift loved showing off her friends on her 1989 tour, and that is exactly what she did at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. During the first night of her two-night gig in the NYC area, she told fans that she loved tour nights, because it was like hanging out with thousands of her friends. She then gave her fan-friends the ultimate surprise when she brought out the World Cup Champions U.S. Women’s Soccer National Team on stage (plus model friend Heidi Klum). She did not stop there, though. Later in the evening, The Weeknd joined her to sing “I Can’t Feel My Face.”

The next night, Swift brought out a handful of more famous friends, including Hailee Steinfeld, Lena Dunham, Lily Aldrige, and Gigi Hadid. Of course, she did not skip out on a musical guest. New Jersey native Nick Jonas joined her on stage to sing his hit “Jealous.”

WHEN YOU JUST CAN’T KEEP YOUR COOL. #1989WorldTour #BadBlood

A post shared by hailee steinfeld (@haileesteinfeld) on

Wiz Khalifa

The rapper joined Swift in Houston to perform his hit “See You Again.” Although Charlie Puth is the featured vocalist on this track, Swift owned the song with her strong vocals that powered the venue.

#1989TourSantaClara

A post shared by Fifth Harmony (@fifthharmony) on

Fifth Harmony

Nothing shows girl power more than one of the biggest solo artists of the time joined on stage by the biggest girl group of the time. Fifth Harmony accompanied Swift in Santa Clara, California, for an energetic rendition of “Worth It.” Swift even put on a matching outfit and picked up their dance moves, making her a real sixth member of Fifth Harmony for a moment.

Jennifer Lopez

An iconic performance that took viewers back to the early 2000s happened when Swift was joined by Jennifer Lopez to sing her evergreen hit, “Jenny from the Block” at the Staples Center in L.A. during the Red Tour.

Idina Menzel

No one expected Swift and Frozen star Idina Menzel to walk out on stage in full Olaf and Elsa outfits to perform the film’s hit “Let It Go.” The pair truly surprised fans and wowed the crowd with their smooth vocals.

Rascal Flatts

Swift was joined by previous tour mates Rascal Flatts to help close out her Red Tour. They sang a touching rendition of 2006 hit “What Hurts the Most” in Nashville.  

I’m gonna get a #Reputation for this.

A post shared by Ellen (@theellenshow) on

Ellen DeGeneres

The comedian and talk show host gave the crowd a laugh when she strutted onto stage in a Taylor-inspired sparkly outfit at the Staples Center in L.A.

Lisa Kudrow

The only thing better than bringing out Phoebe Buffay onto stage would be inviting the whole cast of Friends. The two notorious cat lovers gave fans a light-hearted performance of “Smelly Cat” at the Staples Center in L.A.

Swift dazzles the stage all on her own, but it is always a sweet gift when we get to see her pair up with different artists. Now, the time has come to see what sort of surprises she has in store for fans this time around!

Cover photo courtesy of Unsplash.com.

Sara is a senior journalism student at Hofstra University who aspires to one day be on the red carpet giving you the latest on all things celebrity. She is a current NBC intern and co-host of her campus' news show, Hofstra Today. She is also a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma sorority and Zeta Phi Eta, the Pre-Professional Fraternity in the Arts and Sciences of Communications. In her free time, she loves going to the beach, traveling, attending live performances and making memories with her friends and dogs. Follow her on Instagram: @sara__whit and on Twitter: @Sara_Whitman. She also has a travel blog at www.sarawhitmanythoughts.wordpress.com