Campus Style: Nicole Mastrorocco

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.
Nicole Mastrorocco

Class: ‘17

Major: Marketing

Hometown: Mount Sinai, NY

What she’s wearing:

Dress: Forever 21

Cape: Francesca’s

Booties: Aldo

Hat: Kendall and Kylie collection for PacSun

Necklace: Charming Charlie’s 

How would you describe your personal style?

My style is like an edgy, schoolgirl mix, [including] lots of blazers, jackets and skirts, and a lot of really tailored looks with edgy elements like a cool necklace or just a ton of bracelets!

When did your passion for fashion begin?

I’ve always been the girl wearing way too dressy clothes to school ever since I was little. In second grade, I dressed like Coco Chanel everyday! I think it has always been something that I thought of as soon as I woke up in the morning.

What was it like interning at Cosmopolitan?

At Cosmopolitan and Seventeen magazines, every day was different. Working for two different publications was interesting because I got to understand two different markets and see market segmentation in real life! The fashion industry is a lot of hard work, but the rewards are incredible; so cool to see everything come to life every month!

How do you plan to tie fashion into your career?

I would love to tie fashion into a career in marketing by becoming a brand ambassador. A lot of marketing is done online through social media and ads, but it is still so crucial in today’s day and 
age to maintain face-to-face relationships. I’ve always loved talking to people and relating to them to just help anyway I could. I think this is a perfect way to combine my personality traits with my passion!

Be sure to check out more of Nicole’s #ootd’s on her fashion Instagram: thecollegecoveteur
Jersey girl. Senior Accounting major at Hofstra University. Treasurer for Hofstra's Her Campus chapter. Raven loves entertainment, fashion, and fitness, and has a true passion for journalism. Be sure to check out her favorite form of social media, Pinterest: /ravenjtak
MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.