This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Brittney Schmidt

Year: Junior

Major: Civil engineering

Hometown: Baltimore, MD

What are you wearing?: 

Jeans: Delia’s

Sweater: from some random department store

Shoes: Mom’s closet “oops!”

Shirt: Plain white long sleeved shirt

Scarf: I don’t remember where I got it!

Do you have a favorite (or least favorite) fashion trend right now?:

I haven’t tried it yet but I really like sweater leggings. That would be worth a try. I also tried wearing a summer dress with a sweater the other day. That’s not as popular though as the sweater leggings.

Do you prefer dressing for warm or cold weather?:

I prefer dressing for cold weather because then you can layer. Layers upon layers!

What are fashion essentials every girl needs?:

A good fitting pair of jeans. Sport leggings that aren’t see through that you can wear without something else covering your butt. Another one would be a belt to keep your pants up but that’s very basic. I’m a very “no one wants to see your underwear” kind of person.

Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!