This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Olivia LaVoice

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Year: Class of 2014

Hometown: Santa Monica, California

What She’s Wearing:

Sweater: H&M

Skirt: Free People

Tights: Forever 21

Shoes: Steve Madden

Bag: Michael Kors

With the spring coming, we have a lot of rainy days to deal with. What is your go-to rainy day outfit that is both cute and practical?

Usually leggings, an oversized sweater, a rain coat and my Hunter rain boots. I’ll usually wear my hair in a side braid if it’s raining outside too.

Spring trend you’re looking forward to wearing:

Bold black and white pants: I love the classic mod look.

Do you have a style icon?

I don’t really have a fashion icon I try to dress like, but I really love Blake Lively’s style.

Favorite item to splurge on?

Jewlery. I own more statement necklaces that I can count!

Favorite splurge store:

Free people for clothing and JCrew for jewelry

Favorite inexpensive store:

Necessary Clothing

Nikki Maniscalco is Hofstra University's Campus Couture editor. She is a senior majoring in English and Publishing Studies with a minor in Journalism. On campus, she is also involved in Ed2012, Nexus Yearbook, and a Communications Volunteer for the 2012 Presidential Debate. Off campus, she is an editorial intern at The Daily Meal. Her hobbies, aside from writing, include photography, cooking, spending more money on clothes and shoes than she should, and enjoying every second of college life with her friends before she graduates in the spring.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!