Campus Couture: Kevin Tamerler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Kevin Tamerler

Class of 2013

Global Studies, Economics, and Geography Major

Where He Got His:

Tie: Brooks Brothers tie from TJ Maxx

Vest: Part of a three-piece suit from the Salvation Army

Pants: Levis 

Shoes: Sperry Topsiders that my dad actually bought some time in the 80’s and never even opened the box. I found them and have worn them since.

Favorite Place to Shop: Salvation Army Store back home 

Favorite Style Era:

Style era? I prefer the early renaissance. 

In all seriousness, I feel like any time after the first world war. The basic elements of western men’s clothing are together and since then we’ve just been remixing the same things over and over. Watch movies from the 20’s and it looks like a Ralph Lauren catalog today.

Style Icon: Clearly Spinal Tap.

What show would you go to if you were able to get a ticket for Fashion Week:

I’d give any ticket I got to my girlfriend. She likes that stuff way more than i do. 

Nikki Maniscalco is Hofstra University's Campus Couture editor. She is a senior majoring in English and Publishing Studies with a minor in Journalism. On campus, she is also involved in Ed2012, Nexus Yearbook, and a Communications Volunteer for the 2012 Presidential Debate. Off campus, she is an editorial intern at The Daily Meal. Her hobbies, aside from writing, include photography, cooking, spending more money on clothes and shoes than she should, and enjoying every second of college life with her friends before she graduates in the spring.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!