Body Mod Blog: Where to Meet Your Perfect Tattooed Guy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

You ever heard the phrase, don’t judge a book by it’s cover? Well whoever told you that seriously does not understand the appeal of a cute boy with his fair share of tattoos. Tattooed guys are all over the mainstream media from Adam Levine dominating the music scene to the chiseled beauties that make their way onto America’s Next Top Model, yet finding a hottie with an inked up body can be harder than it looks. Alas my ladies, do not fear because I have spent night after night researching the territories of beautiful tattooed men and I am here today to let you in on the secrets of locking down your own tattooed god. Because a good tattooed man is like an easter egg, a rare hidden treasure in a sea of basic frat guys who wear socks with their sandles. I promise you, the men of your dreams are out there and I will be your guide on how to hunt down the exotic Homo Tattooiens. 

Concerts

Don’t get your hopes up girls, it is very unlikely that you will find the tattooed man of your dreams belting his heart out at a Taylor Swift concert. In order to find a tattooed guy, you need to become a master of their territory and that means understanding their mindset. Guys don’t tend to be die hard swifties yet that doesn’t mean that you won’t find the guy you’ve been searching for at a concert. Go outside of your comfort zone and think about the kind of music that these guys would be listening to. Is it metal? Is it rock? Is it some jazz-folk hybrid that sounds like something your dad would like? (Shout outs to my Greatful Dead Dads). Be willing to look outside your realm and try a new style of music that will give you a chance to meet a tattooed hottie. Guys love girls who are into the same music as they are so give a Korn tribute concert a try.

Coffee Shops

Get the hell out of that Starbucks ladies and throw down the Dunkin Donuts because there are thousands of tattooed boys out there too cool for that mainstream latte bullshit. I would be lying if I told you that I’m running off of stereotypes yet don’t all stereotypes come from a little bit of truth? Yet for some reason there is something about a home made cold brew that makes the tattooed boys come running like milkshakes to the yard and I am not complaining about it. So please forget about your Pumpkin Spice and try out your neighborhood coffee shop. Don’t be surprised if you catch a tattooed poet with his nose buried in a Moleskin in the process. 

Bars

Now I feel like I speak for everyone when I say that going to a bar can be the best or the worst place to meet a guy. When it goes right and the stars align, you can easily picture yourself as the classic rom-com heroine who has the magical powers to summon the only decent guy in a crowded bar. Yet more often than not, your girlfriends drag you out of your Saturday night date with Netflix, only for you to be pawed and hit on by a bunch of drunk losers that have the idea that they can get you to come home with them. But I have a little secret for you ladies, there is a distinction between the bars that you go to with your girlfriends where you can drink martinis have your girl time and then there are the bars where you order an IPA, listen to Nirvana, and are relaxed enough to survey the options. Those are the bars where the ‘good guys’ are going to be hanging out at, because a good guy isn’t going to try and bed you the first night. So get into the mood for a cold brew and hit up a bar where you might actually have an intellectual conversation. I promise you that there are nice tattooed guys that are just looking for a chill night that will be more than impressed that a girl like you found her way into his favorite bar. 

Studying Abroad in Firenze, Italy. Current Vice President and Blog Mentor of Her Campus Hofstra. Contributing Writer and Intern at Inked Magazine. A writer of all things body modification, beards, veganism, and feminism related.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.