Best Stores at Roosevelt Field Mall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I personally love a day spent at the mall. For me, it’s one of those days I consider well spent. There’s just something about the mall that makes it so enjoyable. I don’t know if it’s the fact that you can eat and shop in the same place or what, but there’s definitely something about that makes it feel like both a second home and a much-needed stress reliever.

It’s especially satisfying when I leave with whatever it was that I was looking for. But, as I’m sure y’all know, you pretty much never find what you’re looking for when you’re looking for it. For that reason, I’m breaking down some of the best stores that Roosevelt Field Mall has to offer. Whether you’re looking for something specific, or just looking to do a little retail therapy, you’ll definitely want to keep these stores in mind!

Nordstrom

Nordstrom is one of those stores is will always have your back! No matter what you’re looking for, they’re more than likely the one to have it. And the best part is, it won’t take your whole internship paycheck.

Bloomingdale’s

Bloomingdale’s is another one that’s extremely reliable. Although the price point is a little bit higher than most department stores, it’ll definitely be worth it! Bloomies aesthetic is definitely a bit more polished and sophisticated.

Free People

If flowy, flirty, and fun clothing is your thing, you’re probably already fully aware of Free People. For the rest of you, this store is for more than just your flare pant wearing boho girl. The pieces are so comfortable to wear and can easily be taken from day to night!

Urban Outfitters

Known as Free People’s sister brand, Urban Outfitters is the quirky, yet trendy answer to the company’s other brands (FP & Anthropologie) that offers more of an uncurated approach to the bohemian and hipster styles.

Zara

If I could explain my love for Zara this post would be pages long. So I’ll spare you from that rant for now. But what you should know about this Spanish store is that it’s fast fashion, affordable, and really great quality.

Aritzia

Think of Aritzia as one big boutique. This Canadian store is a collection of several different brands that each cater to a unique customer. Although it is a bit on the pricey side, these are pieces that you’ll have in your closet for a long time.

Madewell

Think of Madewell as the younger, more laid back sister of J. Crew. Offering up comfy denim, crazy soft flannels, and everything in between, Madewell is about to be your go-to for all things cozy chic.

Lush

Lush has you covered for in the bath department! I’m sure you’re heard of their incredible bath bombs (which also come in Christmas scents!), but the cosmetics chain also has much, much more. They’re animal-friendly, (mostly) vegan, all handmade, and absolutely worth the trip!

Sephora

Okay, so I highly doubt this store needs any explanation, but to put it simply: Sephora is synonymous with makeup, skincare, fragrance…basically anything and everything beauty.

Victoria is a Houston native who obsessed with all things fashion, food, music, and TV. She is a marketing student at Hofstra University who enjoys reading fashion blogs and magazines, and checking out the latest museum exhibit in NYC. Victoria’s favorite things to do are travel, explore NYC, attend concerts, and of course shop and eat (preferably in the same day). Victoria loves sharing her advice and experiences with you and hopes you enjoy them too!
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.