The Best Pumpkin Spice Flavored Foods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

You know its fall when the air gets cool and crisp, the nights get longer, and the leaves change from a vibrant green to a beautiful red, bright orange, and mesmerizing yellow, and–my personal favorite–a switch from the iced frappucinos of the summer to the seasonal favorite pumpkin spice lattes of the fall. With fall finally here the best seasonal flavors are back, the best and well known of them all is, of course, Pumpkin Spice. Fall does not simply feel like fall without the taste of pumpkin spice in your life. There are so many ways you can enjoy the taste of fall and here are a few ideas to get you started.

1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes- when thinking of pumpkin spice lattes Starbucks is always the first name that comes to mind. It is one of the extraordinary places to enjoy the perfect pumpkin spice latte but not limited to just this one option. Places like Dunkin Donuts, Panera Bread, McDonalds, etc. also have amazing lattes. So go out and experiment and try all these different places to explore the different ways and techniques you can enjoy those delicious pumpkin spice lattes.

2. Pumpkin Bread- the name speaks for itself. Not only does this give your bread an incredible taste bud satisfying twist but it also smells simply divine.  You can go grab some at your local bakery or supermarket, or even bake it fresh yourself. It is super easy to make and takes only about an hour of your time.

3. Pumpkin Pie- What is thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? Pumpkin pie with a little whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice makes all the difference to your thanksgiving feast or basically any after dinner desert.

4. Krispy Kreme Pumpkin Spice Cake Doughnut- Krispy Kreme donuts are without a doubt incredible, but add pumpkin spice flavor to them and it will change your appreciation for donuts. A must have during this season. It might take some effort trying to actually getting your hands on one but it will definitely be worth it.

5. Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino- I am a religious frappucino drinker but when I saw Starbucks had launched their pumpkin spiced frappes I was a bit skeptical. But to my amazement these taste absolutely amazing! If you prefer sweeter and colder drinks, then the pumpkin spiced frappes would be a better choice for you over the lattes. Do not knock it till you try it.

6. Pumpkin Spice Cheerios- These may sound weird and even a bit gross but they are definitely worth giving them the benefit of the doubt. Starting your day with a bowl of pumpkin spice flavored cereal and cold milk is the perfect way to guarantee you will have a great day.

7. Nestlé Pumpkin Spice Morsels- These are great for adding just a kick of that pumpkin spice flavor to just about anything you can. You can customize your foods and drinks with these any way your heart desires. You can make custom pumpkin spice pancakes, pumpkin spice cookies, or simply sprinkle it on any ice cream/ iced drink you want for just that right amount of flavor.

Some more guilty pleasures include, but certainly not limited to Pumpkin Spice Lindor Truffles, Pumpkin Godiva Trufflelata, Pumpkin Spice Milanos, Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream, Pumpkin-Shaped Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows, etc. Hopefully this list helped some of you PSL lovers to expand your idea on other ways to incorporate pumpkin into your life this season. Don’t forget to try to incorporate this flavor in to some of your favorite baked goods; Pumpkin spice is a great flavor to experiment with!  It can also be a great excuse to have a gathering, make sure all of your friends try these snacks and drinks with you!

Yashwin Kaur is a new member of Her Campus Hofstra this semester. As a born and raised New Yorker, her hobbies include reading and traveling. She has been to England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Italy, Germany, Canada, and India. She is currently majoring in Biology, Premedical Studies at Hofstra University. After graduating she plans to obtain her masters and attend medical school. Her goal is to become an Emergency Medicine physician. She is very excited to become a part of HerCampus and looks forward to an eventful year.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.