The Best Manicures to Have This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Nail polish colors for winter tend to reflect the dark, dreary days, but also the festive holidays! Colors range from grays to deep jewel tones and glitter polish. Try luxurious jewels hues like purple, red and green. To switch up a solid color manicure you can add some glitter or combine any of these colors like luxe black and gold for New Years. Here are some winter manicure ideas to try out this season!

Jewel Tones: Classic Red, Evergreen, Deep Purple

Red and Green are the classic Christmas colors. A red manicure is sophisticated and always in fashion. Forest green might be a nice contrast to a bright red. Try both, or why not switch it up this year and go with a nice dark purple? Darker jewel tones are perfect for winter and the holidays.

Glitter: Silver and Gold

A glitter manicure can be your ultimate holiday accessory! If you don’t prefer all nails, try adding an accent nail to one hand or both. Glitter also looks cute along the top of your nail like a glitter French manicure.

Light Blue

This pretty polish color is perfect for January. An icy blue manicure reminds us of elegant snowflakes or icicles. Add glitter to this one for a more extravagant look.

Snow White

Get a nice bright white manicure to brighten thing up! All over white will make your nails pop against your darker colored clothes. This color is good for a transition into our lighter pastel polishes for spring.

Plain Black

You can’t go wrong with an all black manicure. Black goes with everything and is always in season. Try a matte polish, or stick with a shiny gel mani. 

Gray

If you don’t do black or white polish, try a gray manicure this winter. You can go lighter or darker with gray shades. The best part is gray acts as the perfect compliment color to any outfit! 

I am an aspiring journalist studying at Hofstra University. My interests include, fashion, techno, and travel. Dirty chai is my favorite. I'm obsessed with red wine. And vegan ice cream is where it's at. xx
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.