This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

CALLING ALL BEAUTY LOVERS! 

It’s finally fall! Get your Halloween candy, apple cider, and your beauty products ready for arguably the best season of the year! If you feel your makeup stash is a bit out of season, keep reading to find some new fall beauty products to add to your collection!

Our first product is summed up in two words: dark lips. This is a favorite fall staple product if you want to look like you spent hours getting ready, with only having to put minimal effort into your look. If you want to add a pop of color, a fall colored lip is the way to go!

There are many different lip shades that can be considered “fall” themed. If you’re more on the natural makeup side, you can go for a pretty mauve colored lip. If you want to branch out a little bit, try leaning towards a darker berry or red color. If you want to try something completely different and bold, pick up a vampy purple or black lipstick (with liner of course)!

Colourpop, Mac Cosmetics, Kat Von D, Dose of Colors— the possibilities are endless! There are an abundance of makeup brands that carry these colored lipsticks, from drugstore to high end, you’ll be sure to find your perfect match. Some of my favorite colors and brands for these different shades are:

Mauve Shades:

Colourpop is undoubtedly one of the best lipstick brands in the makeup game (this is the first and definitely not the last time I will be mentioning them)! For only $6 (yes, 6 dollars!) you can pick through their wide variety of fall mauve shades that will match any outfit you decide to wear. These rich dark pinks and purples with hints of browns and reds are a huge eye catcher. These colors are the perfect way to complete a simple look, but still make you stand out. Even pair them with their matching lip liner for only $4!

Berry Red Shades:

A deep toned red is definitely a staple fall lip color to purchase! A few to mention are: Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in the shade ‘Vampira’. More of a high end brand ($20), this color (and name) screams fall to any makeup lover. Being a deep reddish burgundy, you can step out of your comfort zone, but still rock a new style. Another lighter shade she has is ‘Nahz Fur Atoo’. For more of a low end brand, we have Colourpop’s ‘Saturday’ (no surprise here!) This color is the perfect plum red, and again, is only $6! Make sure to pair it with its matching lip liner so you have an easier application. Lastly, we have Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks in their shades, ‘mood’, ‘extra saucy’, and ‘LOS ANJEALOUS’— a garnet plum, deep red, and a muted ruby red. This formula is one of my favorites. For being $18, it is the smoothest, most comfortable liquid lipstick I have ever worn. If you want to treat yo self, go for one of these pretty reds!

Vampy Shades:

Now, the final (and my favorite) shade range. If you’re feeling extra brave and spooky, dive in to a super dark shade of lipstick! It will make you feel like a total badass, and is cute for selfies too! My favorite brands are, again: Colourpop’s liquid lip in the shade ‘Friday’! This color is a true black shade, which is a perfect fall bold lip. For more of a purple vampy undertone, Mac Cosmetics has a perfect shade range! From shades Diva to Stone, their pigments are an intense reddish-burgundy- to a deeper brown plum. Pair their comfortable smooth lipsticks ($18) with their matching lip liners as well ($18)!

Lastly, with the fall season here and the weather getting colder, make sure you are taking care of your lips— they are just as important as the rest of your skin! Having a wide collection of lip balms and lip scrubs are a key to having a soft, smooth, liquid lipstick-ready base. Some great affordable products are: Carmex or Burt’s Bees lip balm, and Lush lip scrubs, which are also organic AND vegan (and also taste good too)!

Hi! My name is Olivia & I'm a senior PR major and Music minor at Hofstra University! I am involved in many groups on campus, such as PRSSA, MEISA, Hofstra Concerts, and Her Campus! I am an avid concert goer, with a strong love for cats and Harry Styles. "Can I see your birth-chart?"