Best Chandler Bing Episodes

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

On October 28, 2023 the world was shocked and saddened by the passing of adored actor Matthew Perry. Perry was widely known for playing the role of Chandler Bing in the iconic 90s sitcom “Friends.” 

Chandler is a fan favorite character from his sarcasm and witty one-liners, to his love for his friends, and most importantly – his romantic relationship with Monica Geller. 

Over the last month since Perry’s passing, fans around the world have expressed their thanks to the actor and shared their favorite Chandler moments. On November 14th and 15th, Perry’s “Friends” co-stars Matt LeBlanc, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, David Schwimmer and Courteney Cox all shared their collective and individual goodbyes and tributes to their late co-star.

As a huge “Friends” fan and someone whose favorite character is Chandler, it was so heartbreaking to hear about Perry’s passing. Perry gave the world so many laughs throughout his time on “Friends,” so why not take a healing trip down memory lane!

Here are some of the best “Friends” episodes for Chandler fans!

S1:E7 – The One With The Blackout

When New York suffers a blackout, Chandler gets stuck in an ATM vestibule with supermodel Jill Goodacre. This early episode showed Perry’s range of humor, and also gave us the iconic line, “Gum would be perfection.”

S3:E2 – The One Where No One’s Ready

This is one of the best episodes of the show! Stressed Ross desperately tries to get the rest of the group ready for a black tie event at the museum he works at. While Phoebe tries to help Monica and Rachel get ready for the event, Chandler returns to the apartment eager to reclaim his seat in Monica’s living room – which Joey has claimed and refuses to give up. The two become entrenched in a “territorial fight” over the chair causing an argument between them. When Chandler steals Joey’s underwear as a means of getting him “out of the chair,” Joey retaliates threatening to do the opposite to Chandler. Joey returns to the apartment covered in all of Chandler’s clothes, leading to Joey’s iconic line with a classic Chandler Bing delivery, “Could I be wearing any more clothes?”

S3:E9 – The One With The Football

In this hilarious Thanksgiving-themed episode, the group decides to play a game of “touch” football after an old sibling rivalry between Monica and Ross resurfaces. Chandler and Joey find themselves competing for the attention of a pretty Dutch woman while they’re playing the game. 

S3:E11 – The One Where Chandler Can’t Remember Which Sister

During Joey’s 31st birthday party, a drunk Chandler fools around with one of Joey’s sisters, Mary Angela – but he can’t remember who she was. After admitting his mistake to Joey he agrees to apologize to her. Chandler then goes to Joey’s childhood home to apologize to Mary Angela, and instead finds himself having dinner with all of Joey’s sisters and Grandmother – still confused and in more hot water when he fools around with yet another sister. 

S3:E21 – The One With The Chick And The Duck

This is the episode that introduces the iconic chick and duck to the “Friends” fandom! After seeing chicks on television, Joey buys a chick for him and Chandler, and the duo eventually adopts a duck as well.

S4:E3 – The One With The ‘Cuffs

After Chandler sleeps with Rachel’s boss Joanna, Rachel tells him to end the relationship. When Chandler goes to Joanna’s office to end things with her, Joanna handcuffs half-naked Chandler to a chair. Later, Rachel finds Chandler in her boss’ office and refuses to uncuff him. This episode gets funnier when you learn that the scene where Chandler hits his head on the pulling drawer wasn’t scripted!

S4:E14 – The One With The Embryos 

A simple joke about how well Chandler and Joey know Monica and Rachel escalates into a full-blown game (hosted by Ross) to find out who knows each other better – the boys or the girls. As Ross continues to present the teams with questions (which he made up personally), the group decides to up the stakes – whoever wins gets Monica’s apartment. After Rachel incorrectly guesses Chandler’s job, the boys win the competition – and Monica’s apartment. 

S4:E24 – The One With Ross’s Wedding Part Two

This iconic episode is the one where Chandler and Monica sleep together for the first time. Just like that, one of the best couples of “Friends” was born! 

S5:E2 – The One With All Of The Kissing

To keep his and Monica’s relationship a secret, Chandler must constantly kiss the girls to cover up a kiss they witnessed him giving Monica. 

S5:E14 – The One Where Everybody Finds Out

This is a personal favorite episode where Phoebe and Rachel find out about Monica and Chandler’s relationship, so they go to extreme lengths to make the couple come clean. This episode also gave us the iconic line, “They don’t know that we know they know we know!”

S5:E16 – The One With The Cop

When Ross decides he wants to personally deliver his new sofa into his apartment, he needs some help from Chandler and Rachel. This episode gave us the infamous “Friends” line, “Pivot!”

S6:E24 & S6:E25 – The One With The Proposal: Part 1 & 2

These two-part episodes lead up to the iconic marriage proposal of Chandler and Monica! However before Chandler is able to pop the question, he runs into some obstacles. These episodes gave us the line, “Hi, I’m Chandler. I make jokes when I’m uncomfortable.”

S7:E23 & S7:E24 – The One With Monica and Chandler’s Wedding: Part 1 & 2

This two part special leads up to the long awaited wedding of Chandler and Monica! Yet, before the couple can tie the knot, they run into some pre- and post-wedding chaos. 

S10:E17 – The Last One

The final episode of the series is a perfect episode for all “Friends” fans. Monica and Chandler finally get to adopt their twins! As the six friends all get ready to go their separate ways and start their new lives, Rachel asks the group if they should get some coffee. Chandler then has the last line of the show, “Sure. Where?”  (“Friends” fun fact: Before filming the final episode, Perry privately asked Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman if he could deliver the show’s final line. She agreed.)

Happy “Bing-ing!”

Daniella is a sophomore at Hofstra University with a major in early childhood education. She is from Long Island, New York. In her free time she’s either reading, writing, scrolling on Instagram, watching Tik Toks, listening to Taylor Swift, catching up on pop culture, or spending time with her friends and sorority sisters.