This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

If summer hasn’t already started for you, it’s probably coming up fast. Wherever you’re planning to soak up those sun rays, you’ll wanna make your summer skin and beauty routine a priority. There are a lot of great products out there to help you get that gorgeous summer glow. Some will break the bank more than others, but vacation can be a time to treat yourself if you’re feeling kind of wild!

Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel lotion($13)

Moisturizing is such an important part of your daily skincare routine. In the summer, it’s even more important to keep your skin hydrated and protected from damaging UV rays. Neutrogena’s hydro boost gel lotion will keep you moisturized and provide you with SPF 50. You can’t go wrong with hydration and sun protection!

Maybelline BB cream($7)

This light coverage foundation has been a cult favorite for a while now. This BB cream helps even out skin tone, contains salicylic acid to sort of “clarify” your skin, and also has SPF in it. This product is easily buildable and won’t completely clog your pores. The biggest flaw with this product, however, is its limited shade range.

Glossier Invisible Shield($34)

At this price point, this sunscreen is definitely an investment. It contains SPF 35, and it’s incredibly lightweight and doesn’t leave your skin feeling waxy. Sunscreen should be apart of your skincare routine regardless of the season, but extra protection is always the way to go.

Bronzer: Hoola by Benefit and Butter Bronzer by Physician’s Formula

Bronzer is a key element for any fun summery look. Both of these bronzers are great additions to any makeup bag.  Benefit’s products are higher end price-wise, but they’re great quality and last a super long time. If you’re not really down to drop a lot of money on bronzer, Physician’s Formula is an excellent option too. Benefit offers three different shades of Hoola and Physician’s Formula has a wider variety.

Peachy Tones

Be it in blush, eyeshadow, or lipstick, peachy tones are perfect for summer. Milani makes a lot of really gorgeous, affordable blushes that will make you look and feel great. Morphe’s 15H eyeshadow palette is about $16 and offers a great variety of peachy neutrals and shimmers. Adding pops of peach to your ~looks~ will make you the summery queen you were meant to be!

Sun Bum Chapstick($4)

Yay for more products with SPF! Double up with protection from chapped, dry lips and keep ‘em moisturized and free from sun damage. Sun Bum is a great brand with super good smelling flavors that will keep your lips smooth all summer long.  

Wet n Wild Highlighter($5)

This $5 highlighter is the perfect way to reach your full ~glow potential~ this summer. Wet n Wild gives you a blinding highlight that will make any golden hour picture stunning.

Trying new makeup and skincare products could be a fun way to start your summer. Hopefully, these products will benefit you and maybe even stay in your beauty “rotation” permanently!​

Photo courtesy of Stokpic on Pexels

Micaela is a senior journalism major with a minor in civic engagement. She's known for her love of coffee and being funny online.