This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Subscription boxes are fun no matter what kind they are. They’re like a surprise present to yourself each month and they make great gifts! If you’re looking to treat yourself or someone else, these are the best beauty subscription boxes that I could find: 

FitFabFun

Photo courtesy of FabFitFun

FitFabFun is an amazing subscription box. This is more than just your average beauty box because it contains fitness gear, tech, and jewelry too! For $49.99 you will get full-sized products priced at $200 a box. Boxes each year are shipped in March, June, September and December.

If you purchase an annual subscription for $179 for the whole year, it will make you a select member. You can enjoy early shipping which allows you to get your box seven to ten days earlier than everyone else. The shipping for all boxes in the U.S are free. To Canada, Alaska and Hawaii, shipping costs $8.

The Spring 2016 box (pictured above) included a DIY kitchen herb kit, a mat strap for yoga, keratin gloves and socks that are an all in one hand and foot treatment, a bath bomb set, argan oil, shaving lotion, a contour palette, a necklace, and two gift cards- one for $25 dollars and one for $30. Since they try to keep the boxes fun and a surprise, you can only see what has been in the past. Use the code HERCAMPUS at checkout to get the box for $10 less.

Birch Box

Photo courtesy of Birchbox

Birch Box gives you five samples tailored to you for $10 a month. They also have many options for free gifts with a purchase, deals, and options to purchase more of the product that you got in your monthly box. They have great samples from companies like MAC, Pixi, beautyblender, Benefit, and more.

Whether it’s for your face, for your hair, or even for your nails, you’re bound to get it in your Birch Box Subscription. They also have a deal going on where you can get 10% off your first purchase. You can unsubscribe at any time and they ship to you free.

Play by Sephora

Photo courtesy of Sephora

Play by Sephora is great! For $10 a month they give you five deluxe samples plus a fragrance bonus in a collectible bag. This beauty bag is so great that you have to be put on a waiting list in order to get it!

This month’s box includes an eye pencil, makeup remover, exfoliating treatment, foundation primer, skincare cream, and a Marc Jacobs fragrance. They also include free shipping. The $10 is billed monthly and you can cancel at any time.

Ipsy

Photo courtesy of @kendalfedail on Instagram

Ipsy is another beauty box for $10 with free shipping that also gives you five beauty products both full-sized and sample products. When you first sign up you start with a quick two-minute beauty quiz that allows them to get to know you better. This allows them to tailor the box specifically to your needs. You can also select which beauty brands that you love or are itching to try. Because each box is tailored to you directly, they don’t specify what comes in each box without signing up. This is probably the most specific-to-you box as of today.

Target Beauty Box

Photo courtesy of Target

Target’s Beauty Box is something you can’t go wrong with. They contain full sized and sample items as well as a Target coupon in every box. Target’s boxes contain items from big brands like NYX, L’Oréal Paris, Goody, Covergirl, Revlon, Skinfix, and more. Target actually has two different beauty boxes every month. One that is $7 and one that is $10.

April’s $7 Beauty Box has a retail value of $28 and contains hairspray, dry shampoo, a BB cushion sample, jumbo eye pen, lipstick and a $3 off beauty purchase of $15 or more. (Pictured above)

April’s $10 Beauty Box has a retail value of $50 and contains, body butter, toothpaste, vitamins, mascara, shampoo and conditioner, hair ties, eyeliner, lipstick, eye cream, and body scrub. Target also ships their boxes for free. (Pictured below) 

Photo courtesy of Target

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.