Style > Beauty

“Beauty That Doesn’t Break the Bank”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Colourpop started in 2014 and they quickly grew from a small variety of products to being able to do a full face of all wallet friendly, animal cruelty free products!  People say that they seem like a total overnight sensation. They pride themselves on having luxury formulas that “don’t break the bank”. People always ask how Colourpop maintains their low price when they create such great products.  The answer is simple, they are curated, manufactured, tested, packaged, and sold all under one roof. They keep their products 100% cruelty free and they continue to create more and more vegan products. Having tested out a large amount of their products and knowing a lot of people who also use Colourpop, I have created the top 5 products to get!

No Filter Concealer

A thirty shade range of a matte concealer that covers up even the darkest of under eye bags.  This little life saver is only $6! It’s long wearing and full coverage. Some people, including myself, go days when they just wear this and no foundation!  This concealer will still give the coverage without feeling like your face is cakey or heavy. Also, it’s 100% cruelty free, of course, and vegan!

Brow Boss Gel / Brow Boss Pencil

Depending on your needs, either one of these (or both) will be great for you!  They have tinted brow gel to match the color of your hair to give you a little extra definition and fluff – taming your brows all day without getting flaky!  Or choose the pencil and get a full defined brow that looks natural! With the pencil, you get buildable color and a spoolie on the other end to blend it into the rest of your brow.  The gel comes in 5 shades, $6 and vegan. The pencil comes in 9 shades and is $5 and vegan!

Super Shock Shadows

Super shock shadows are a combination of a creme and powder pigment.  They have this bouncy texture when you touch them and have crazy pigmentation!  They deliver that great pigmentation with just one swipe, and the best part, they don’t crease or have fall out! Just remember to tighten the lid to that jar super  tight when you’re done so the formula can stay in tact! Each pot is just $5 and vegan.

No Filter Foundation Stix

Thirty shades so you can find just the perfect one!  A creamy stick foundation perfect for covering up and evening out skin tone.  Another great, low price, vegan product to choose from. The formula is great for the price, only $10!  This matte foundation is also great because since it’s a stick, it’s great for bringing it on the go!

All Star Primer

This primer really creates a difference!  It’ll make whatever you put on top, whether it be foundation or concealer, stay all day long.  It’s an oil free, vegan formula that mattes and blurs your skin for the perfect canvas for foundation.  It also smells great! This great primer is $10.

Colourpop continues to create new products at their affordable price.  Keep checking their website and social media for new products!  

Alana Taylor

Hofstra '22

Alana is a freshman at Hofstra University studying marketing. Her favorite things to do include binging Netflix shows, listening to Katy Perry, or doing nail art! Alana loves makeup, animals, and fashion. Follow her on Instagram @alanadigi