This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Hello my loves, and welcome back to my blog! Today I’m writing a get ready with me! I was inspired by all the get ready with me videos on youtube. I always get asked about my routine, and I am finally writing it all down. In retrospect, I do not wear this look every day, or even once a week. Most days, it is impressive if I put on foundation and a little mascara. But today is an extraordinary occasion, so we are going extra tonight.

Random Tip: A random suggestion is to use a makeup headband, I have baby hairs that always get in my makeup. For a while now I have been using the Vintage Cosmetic Company Dolly Bow Makeup Headband it keeps your hair away from your makeup and not going to lie looks cute.

Step 1: I always wake up with red, itchy eyes, so the first thing I do, is to use eye drops. Lately, I’ve been using the Rohto Ice Eye Drops; they relieve redness, burning, and hydrates eyes.  (If you are a contact lens user, put these in before you put your contact lenses are in!) I also use Blistex Lip Medex all over my lips to prep my lips for the day. 

Step 2: I know it is a little odd to use makeup wipes when you do not have any makeup on, but it’s just in case there is any makeup left over from the day before. I use the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Facial Cleansing Towelettes. It also removes dirt, face and eye makeup.

Step 3: Always use toner twice a day, it is so essential for your skin, it makes your skin smoother and brighter. I use Clinique Clarifying Lotion in number 3, Combination Oily; If you ever want to start using Clinique products, I suggest going to a Clinique counter where they suggest which number is right for your skin type.

Step 4: Moisturizer is so important to use, I always use Clinique moisturizer, and I’ve been switching between two, the Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto Replenishing Hydrator and the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. After you put this on making sure the moisturizer is soaked into the skin before the next step, which is about 5-10 minutes.

Step 5: Prime baby prime. This is the most forgotten step in the makeup progress, but it is so important, not only does it keep your makeup on but it hydrates. I use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water, and when I’m going super extra, I use Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Illuminating Primer. Once again, in between these products applications, make sure you wait until they soak into the skin.

Step 6: My favorite step, is the foundation. It just makes me so happy to put on a quality base for your makeup. Recently, when I want an extra full coverage foundation that stays for a while, I use two foundations. The first one I use is Stila All Day Foundation and Concealer in the shade bare 1, then I use Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation in shade _____. To apply these foundations, I use Morphe JH03 Ride-Or-Die Foundation Brush.

Step 7: Concealer, before I started using Tarte Shape Tape, I was never a concealer person, I did not think it worked. But its official, Shape Tape is the best concealer out there, I am currently using shade 20B. To blend out the concealer, I either use the Morphe JH 08 Anything Creamy Brush or the Morphe Highlight and Contour Sponge.

Step 8: The best way to set your concealer is to bake (and I wish it involved some cake.) Baking was invented by Drag Queens, so you know it has to be quality. I use Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder for baking. To apply the powder I use Morphe JH 10 Snatch Your Edges Brush or the Morphe Highlight and Contour Sponge

Step 9: Honestly, I really do not need to fill in my brows, I only use it to help shape them and make them into an arch. First I use a brow highlighter to form the shape of my brows. I use the Benefit Cosmetics High Brow Eyebrow highlighter. I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in shade soft brown to fill in my brows, then I use the damp beauty sponge again, which is still the Morphe Highlight and Contour Sponge

Step 10: I am aware it is kind of odd to put on mascara before your eyeshadow, but I am not the best at putting on mascara and always end up getting mascara all over my eyelids. I always curl my eyelashes before I put on any mascara, I have been using Tarte Cosmetics Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler I use three mascaras (yes three.) They are Mac In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Mascara, Tarte Cosmetics Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara and Too Faced Better Than Sex. To get the mascara off my lids I use a Q-tip and Benefit Remove It Makeup Remover,  I use this remover because when you wipe it off, it does not leave a residue that will remove your eyeshadow.

Step 11: Before I put on eyeshadow I always use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in original. While the primer is setting I go back with the translucent powder which is the Coty Airspun powder and then I use the powder to create a line where I want my eyeshadow to lay. To apply this, I once again use the JH 10 Snatch Your Edges Brush.

Step 12: I have a lot of eyeshadow palettes, most of which are Morphe. Today, I chose to use the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette mostly because the shadows are so pigmented, and it smells incredible! To apply the shadows I use the eyeshadow brushes from the Jaclyn Hill Brush Collection and from the Morphe 702 12 Piece Eye Credible Set. When putting on metallic shadows, I always use a little Mac Cosmetics Fix Plus on the brush because it helps the metallics stay in place due to the Glycerin which acts as a glue.  

Step 13: It is time to remove that translucent powder finally! To remove the powder, I use JH 01 Powder Brush by Morphe

Step 14: Bronzing always scares me, I still feel I am going to look orange the minute I step out into the sunlight. Lately, I have been using a mixture of Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzing Powder and Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer. To apply the bronzer I have been using Morphe’s JH 02 Bronzer Brush

Step 15: For blush, I use Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten in the shade Pink Butter Cream or Anastasia Beverly Hills Blush Trio in Peachy Love. To apply I use Morphe’s JH 04 Blush Brush

Step 16: I love highlighters, but have yet to find the perfect one. Today I used Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in shade Celestial and Ofra Cosmetics NikkieTutorials Glazed Donut Highlighter to apply the Ofra highlighter I use Morphe’s JH 06 My Everything Brush

Step 17: After 16 steps we are finally done! The last and final step is by far the easiest, spray some Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray or Morphe’s Continuous Setting Mist to make sure your makeup stays on all night long!

If you’re going out for an all-nighter, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder to make sure your makeup stays on all night or for a quick fix.

Emma is a freshman at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a degree in accounting. When not binge-watching Netflix, she is probably shopping (for makeup and skincare) or traveling. After college, she hopes to get her masters degree in taxation. Check out her photography website www.emmagiambalvo.myportfolio.com