This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Hello my loves, and welcome back to my blog! Today I’m writing a post on a full face of drugstore/affordable makeup. I’m saying “affordable” because we all know that brands similar to Morphe aren’t drugstore brands, but their prices are like those of a drugstore. After an Ulta opened up in my neighborhood, I stopped using most drugstore products and had to do my research for this article.

Cleanser: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser $14.49

If Kim Kardashian likes this, then it was worth a shot, especially at only $14.49. Kim K said in an interview on her app that she loves this product. But, in my option, “Purity” by Philosophy is much better at cleansing the skin. 

Toner: Thayers Witch Hazel $9.28

OMG! This toner smells fantastic and has been around for years but recently became popular in the beauty community. It comes in so many scents including “coconut”, “cucumber”, “lavender”, “rose petal”, “lemon”, “original”, “unscented” and “medicated”. I would love to do a comparison post on these, so let me know via Instagram if you want one!  

Primer: NYX Pore Filler $13.99

If you want a dupe for Benefit’s Porefessional, this is what you have to try! NYX is an amazing brand and if you have never tried it, get to your local Ulta now

Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me Foundation $7.99

An all-inclusive foundation is something that makes me so happy. This line has thirty plus shades, and for a drugstore brand that is very impressive. 

Concealer: LA Girl H.D. Pro Concealer $4.99 

L.A. Girl is that brand that sells makeup so cheap, it is almost hard to trust. But their Pro Conceal concealer is high definition and blends very well. 

Powder: Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder $7.99

The Maybelline Fit Me line is so amazing because it can fit many skin tones all in one shade range. Many beauty influencers use this Maybelline line. 

Blush: Milani Baked Blush $7.99

The Milani Baked Blush is one of the best blushes on the market, both luxury and drugstore. This peach formula is impressive and blends so well, especially on my skin tone.  

Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer $14.99

As you can see, this bronzer is very well loved. The Butter Bronzer smells AMAZING. I love it even more than the Benefit bronzer, which is double the price. 

Highlighter: Maybelline Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter $9.99

OK, I was so excited to use this highlighter because just the color and the luminosity made me excited. But the first swatch has me less than impressed. The color did not hold up, and it was very patchy. 

Eyeliner: Revlon Color Stay Skinny Liquid Liner $8.49

HELLO NEW RIDE OR DIE. I have been searching for a skinny eyeliner that is jet-black and stays on all day. I have found the newest staple in my collection, and I suggest you add it to yours.

Mascara: L’Oreal Lash Paradise $9.99 

DUPE ALERT! L’Oreal’s Lash Paradise is the perfect dupe for Too Faced’s Better than Sex mascara. The wands are very similar, but the Lash Paradise comes out much less clumpy than Better than Sex, so I would suggest using Lash Paradise. 

Shadow: NYX Dream Catcher Palette $14.99

Once again, NYX for the win. I have never used an NYX eyeshadow that is so creamy. I think this is going to be an everyday staple in my collection when I’m not using my Jaclyn Hill palette. 

Setting Spray: Morphe Continuous Setting Spray $15  

Morphe, I love you. Every product they come out with makes me fall in love. This setting spray virtually glues your makeup on and makes it stay all day long. 

Some products I loved even more than my high-end products! The Revlon eyeliner is a new staple in my collection along with the LA Girl concealer. I will have to keep trying drugstore products because I feel some of these weren’t the best for me. If you have any suggestions on great drugstore products, let me know!

Make sure to check back next week for another post!

XOXO,

Emma

Emma is a freshman at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a degree in accounting. When not binge-watching Netflix, she is probably shopping (for makeup and skincare) or traveling. After college, she hopes to get her masters degree in taxation. Check out her photography website www.emmagiambalvo.myportfolio.com