Alex Leitch ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Age: 20

Class standing: Junior

Area of study: Psychology major, Musical Theater/Classical Voice double minor
Hometown: Babylon, NY

Campus involvement: Flying Dutchmen Quidditch team, Dutchmen a capella group, Masquerade musical theater, Resident Assistant

Hobbies: Singing, acting, writing, reading, going on swings

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Working as a school psychologist for underprivileged children
What is your idea of the perfect date? As long as I enjoy the other person’s company, I don’t care what we do.

First thing you notice about another person: Eyes

Biggest turn off: Disingenuousness

Most recent movie you’ve seen: 500 Days of Summer

One thing you can’t live without: Growth

Favorite junk food: Anything with peanut butter

Who would you want to trade places with for a day: The Dalai Lama

Describe yourself in three words: Honest, empathetic, silly

A Boston girl living in New York, Sidney is a senior at Hofstra University double majoring in journalism and sociology. She's grown to love interviewing and feature writing after interning at  non-profits, Cosmopolitan Magazine, MTV News and the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. She is the Campus Correspondent of HC Hofstra as well as an active member in the Hofstra Association of Black Journalists, Ed2010 Hofstra and the Society of Collegiate Journalists. She loves dancing with her on-campus team, Imani Dance Ensemble, and has an incurable addiction to shoes, Boston sports teams and Japanese barbeque. Follow Sidney on Twitter, @Sid_Madden!