This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s finally November, and we’re close to wrapping up 2017 in music before the Christmas season invades airwaves from sea to shining sea. Let’s check out the most anticipated album releases of this week! (All albums will be released on 11/3/17 unless otherwise noted.)

Pop

Just the Beginning / Grace VanderWaal

Grace VanderWaal is a 13-year-old dynamo. Armed with a ukulele, she took “America’s Got Talent” by storm last year, and fans and critics alike are excitedly awaiting her debut album Just the Beginning. Songs like “Moonlight” (above) showcase Grace’s unique, bouncy style.

Red Pill Blues / Maroon 5

Maroon 5 is back with a new album, their first since 2014’s V. Red Pill Blues is the Adam Levine-fronted band’s sixth studio album, and features collaborations with rappers LunchMoney Lewis (“Who I Am”), A$AP Rocky (“Whiskey”), Kendrick Lamar (“Don’t Wanna Know”), and Future (“Cold”) in addition to R&B songstress SZA’s contribution on “What Lovers Do” (above).

The Thrill of It All / Sam Smith

Sometimes I just want to give Sam Smith a hug. This is one of those times. “Too Good At Goodbyes” (above) is everything fans of In the Lonely Hour love from Sam Smith: slow, sad, poignant and beautiful. The Thrill of It All is sure to be a hit … both on the charts and in your feels.

Country

Texoma Shore / Blake Shelton

It has been said that all male country artists sing about are girls, beer, trucks, dogs, and guns. Blake Shelton ticks most, if not all, of those boxes on Texoma Shore, his newest release on Warner Bros.’ Nashville label. Listen to “I’ll Name the Dogs” (above) for a taste, and see how many fundamental features you can pick out in the video.

Unapologetically / Kelsea Ballerini

Kelsea Ballerini seems to be filling the Taylor Swift-shaped vacancy in country music with “Legends” (above), a sweet track about the good memories of a past relationship. Ballerini told Vulture that Unapologetically is a chronological album, taking listeners from where her last album ended up until the present, and her honest, smooth vocals are as refreshing as cold water on a hot day.

Sweet Southern Sugar / Kid Rock

In the October 24th article “Senate run just a publicity stunt,” The Detroit News quotes Kid Rock’s interview on the Howard Stern Show: “(Expletive) no, I’m not running for Senate. Are you (expletive) kidding me? Who couldn’t (expletive) figure that out?” The veteran country rocker put the good people of Michigan through a great deal of emotional stress to promote this album, so just listen to “Tennessee Mountain Top” (above) and hope that nothing like this ever happens again.

Lee Brice / Lee Brice

Okay, I lied when I said country music was all girls/beers/trucks/dogs/guns before. Some of it is about fatherhood, like “Boy” (above) from Lee Brice’s eponymous album. And all jokes aside, this is a touching song about unconditional parental love. Give it a listen, and then give your parents a call.

Rock

Ultimate / Bryan Adams

Apparently, someone said to Bryan Adams, “Hey! You should make more music,” because the Canadian artist has done just that. Ultimate is the latest release from Adams, who first topped the Billboard music charts with “Heaven” in 1985. If you’re into classic rock, or if “Summer of ‘69,” “Cuts Like a Knife,” and “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You” are your jams, this is the album for you.

House

Kids In Love / Kygo

You may recognize Kygo from his collaborations with Parson James (“Stole the Show”) and Conrad Sewell (“Firestone”). On his latest album Kids In Love, we see the hit single “It Ain’t Me” ft. Selena Gomez, as well tracks with guest vocals from John Newman, OneRepublic, and Ellie Goulding, to name a few. The title track (above) sets the tone for a chilled-out, electronica-flavored party or club, and will stick in your head for hours.

Go forth and discover!

P.S. Here are all these songs as a Spotify playlist, in case you’re on the go and don’t have time for music videos:

Elizabeth Turley is a sophomore from Connecticut. She is a journalism major at Hofstra and plans to triple-minor in sociology, math and integrated media. Her favorite things include sunflowers, crossword puzzles and dogs.