This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

We could all use some relief from our crazy, busy lives. Here are nine ways to organize your life with the apps on your phone!

1. Sleep Cycle

What better way to take on the day than when you wake up to your first alarm fully awake? Sleep Cycle helps make that possible! The app asks you to set a range of time in which you want to wake up. By leaving the app open next to your bed throughout the night, it will track your sleeping and will set off the alarm when you are most awake within the time you set. While the recommended range is 15 minutes, there are options as low as 10 minutes all the way up to an hour and a half when you really aren’t in a rush to wake up.  Beyond this, Sleep Cycle has a variety of gentle alarms that will coax you out of your slumber comfortably. The app records the duration of your sleep period and the quality of your sleep. You are able to see why even if you slept for 9 hours you are still exhausted! Sleep Cycle also allows you to view charts displaying the progress of these statistics by the day, week or month. By using sleep cycle, you will be able to take control of your sleep quality to feel energized and ready to take on the day.

2. Good Task

Good Task is a good old to-do list app. But what I love about Good Task is that it allows you to organize your reminders by category. Each category is color-coded and while you can look for each task within their intended list, you can also view your entire to-do list comprehensively because of the division of colors. Good Task also helps with prioritizing by letting you designate what is a top concern, and view tasks that are exclusively due today or within three days. Good Task helps you to feel accomplished – as you should when you are blazing through your tasks – by keeping a folder set aside for your 10 most recently completed tasks.  Good Task will help you stay organized and on top of all of the things you need to get done.

3. Spending Tracker

Spending Tracker is a great financial app that is incredibly user-friendly. The app allows you to input your income and total expenses to see your balance at a glance. If you are looking for a little more detailed tracking, you can record each expense individually and place each expense within a category. You can chose to set the time period for a week, month or year, and have the option to change the start day, week or month when taking your paycheck cycle into consideration. Spending Tracker also has an optional budget feature that will compare your total spending against a fixed amount. Hopefully, with this app, you will no longer have to avoid looking at your bank account in fear because you will have your finances under control all the time.

4. Pureple

Never know what to wear in the morning? Then Pureple has got you covered. This app has you photograph your clothing and then allows you to catalog them by type of clothing article, weather, color, occasion or many other identities. Once you have all of your clothing stored in your “closet”, you can start making outfits! Pureple gives you two options, either you can make your outfits, or it can generates outfits for you. By choosing at least two categories, Pureple mixes and matches your pieces, and gives you the opportunity to save it or discard it. The suggest function also operates similarly to tinder in the aspect that you can swipe left or right to “like” or “dislike” and the generator will consider your opinions in its algorithm. Once you have a few outfits saved, you can assign each to a day on the calendar Pureple provides. With this app, you will now be able to plan out your outfits from bed, class, train… just about anywhere! Now no more complaining that you have nothing to wear!

5. Quizlet

This app has been recommended by teachers across the board, some even incorporating it into their curriculum. But if you haven’t heard of it, be prepared for your study strategies to be seriously elevated. Quizlet is essentially a tool to create virtual note cards, inserting a term on one side, and the definition on the other. Quizlet allows users to organize their note cards into subjects, which can be further sorted into larger folders. This makes it so easy to gradually add study cards over time for each unit within a particular class. But what makes Quizlet so great is that it has so many different options to help you study. It can quiz you either by the term or definition, play matching games, or try out a mock quiz. No matter what you chose, Quizlet will definitely have you prepared for your next test.

6. My Fitness Pal

Feeling a little sluggish lately? Not eating as well as you should? Fitness Pal lets you discover the quality of what you are putting into your body. The app allows you to search through pre-submitted food items to catalog what you consumed. If what you ate was not already a part of Fitness Pal’s system, you can create a custom meal to record. The app then charts the proportions of protein, fiber and carbs and the amount of vitamins within your diet and compares that to what you should be eating. Fitness Pal also allows you to track your exercise as well as your water consumption. The app provides charts to display a visual representation of your progress to be healthier. You have the option to make goals, and will be able to see your progress getting closer and closer to those goals over time!

7. Eve – Period Tracker

Eve is a life saver! While we all know that mishaps happen and things don’t always stick to schedule, Eve records your period cycle and helps predict when it will be coming next. The app allows you to view your cycle in the form of a circle, a calendar or a list of dates. This tool will allow you to always be prepared and have materials on hand, but to also figure out what your “normal” is, and recognize when something’s off. Eve provides fun information tabs with information about the day of your cycle and other female sexual health along with discussion board to give or gain advice from other women.

8. Train Time

By living on Long Island, it’s almost certain that you will venture into the city on one occasion or another. To do that, you’ll need to get there in some fashion, and more likely than not it will be through the LIRR. After inputting your current location and destination along with the desired departure time you will be able to see all your options. Train Time also gives you info that the MTA website does not, allowing you to see all of the stops between your beginning and end locations, whether the train is on time and the track time one it is determined by the station.

9. Last Pass

This app gives you a place to save all of your passwords that isn’t a sticky note shoved in the back of your junk drawer. All you have to do is input the website, your username, and password and it will keep it stored for you for your most forgetful moments. Not only this but, if you are creating a password for the first time it can generate secure passwords to use, and can test the strength of your current passwords. Now you will never have to scream at a screen when a website tells you that your password is incorrect but you’ve already used that password when trying to reset it again.

Gif Courtesy GIPHY

Courtney is a journalism and drama double major at Hofstra University. She is also the Associate Producer of the 30 minute HEAT network news program Hofstra Today as well as a News Anchor for the WRHU radio show The Screening Room. She loves all things Broadway, thinks a good cup of coffee is essential to a good day, and is obsessed with her cat.