7 Stranger Things Locations You Can Actually Visit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Calling all Stranger Things die hard fans! Have you ever dreamed of visiting the show’s locations in real life? You can! 

Last year Emporium Popups opened the “Upside-Down” in Chicago, which was a recreation of Stranger Things with Eleven inspired cocktails! 

Ultimately, Netflix required them to remove the bar, so while you can’t drink in the Upside Down anymore you can visit some of the film locations in the Stranger Things series! 

Tiffany’s Kitchen in Lithia Springs, Georgia

This is where Eleven first entered “Benny’s Burgers” in the first episode in her hospital gown. In real life, this is a family owned diner where you can actually grab a plate of fries (but they will cost a little more than what they cost Eleven!). 

Former Georgia Mental Health Institute

If you’re looking to find the portal, or even run into some Demogorgons, you can stop by the Georgia Heath Institute! You can’t go inside, but you can take some awesome photos at one of the most shot locations in the series. In the show, the exterior was shot here at the Institute which is now part of Emory University’s Briarcliff campus.

Patrick Henry High School in Stockbridge, Georgia

#hawkinsmiddleschool #strangerthings

A post shared by Stacey Adams (@stankyc) on

This high school served as the main shooting location for both the high school and middle school shots during the show. Both the exterior and interior of the school was used. Many people have visited this famous location to show off the many locations shot in the show. You can visit this high school at 109 South Lee Street in Stockbridge, Georgia, United States.

Bellwood Quarry

Georgia you have so many hidden gems.

A post shared by Dan McDonough (@dan_mcdun) on

This beautiful quarry hasn’t just appeared in Stranger Things – it was also in The Walking Dead and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1! I don’t want to give away too many secrets, but Mike and the others find something shocking here when they are looking for Will.

The Wheeler’s house

Photo Courtesy of Google Maps

Located on 2530 Piney Wood Lane in East Point in Georgia, you can see the home of Mike Wheeler. This is the site of most of the brainstorming of the groups adventures and also where Mike stashes Eleven while they are trying to figure out what to do.

Hawkins Police Station

Photo Courtesy of Google Maps

This is an old commercial building that is located in Georgia as well. (8499 Courthouse Square West, Douglasville to be exact.) When Hopper is in the office (which isn’t often) you can find him driving into this parking lot going a little too fast. 

Melvald’s General Store

Photo Courtesy of Google Maps

In season one, Joyce is employed at Melvad’s General Store. You can visit this location at 42 S Mulberry St in Jackson, Georgia. In real life it’s called Jackson Drug. This is also where Joyce buys her new phones and Christmas lights in chapters one and two of the show.

Interested in taking a trip?

Here are the best ways to see all the locations on this list:

Photo Courtesy of Google Maps

It will take about 4 hours of driving without traffic and its about 178 miles, but you will get the full Stranger Things Tour!

Here are your stops in order if you were to fly into Atlanta, GA and get a rental car:

·       The Hawkins Police Station

·       Benny’s Burgers

·       Hawkins National Laboratory

·       Bellwood Quarry

·       Wheeler’s House

·       Hawkins Middle School

·       Melvad’s General Store​

Cover image via Pixabay.com

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.