This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

As if waking up early and making yourself look presentable for class wasn’t hard enough, add rain to the mix and you get the undeniable urge to just throw your hair up in a ponytail and call it a day. Check out these seven quick and easy hairstyles that will turn heads and also keep the frizz down!

1.     Messy Ponytail

This is a classic updo for those rainy days when you’re also running late. Just tease your roots to add some extra volume then loosely pull hair back into a ponytail securing it tightly. Finish it off by teasing your ponytail and you’re ready to go!

2.      Fishtail Braid Updo

Take your fishtail braid up a notch by making it into a bohemian inspired updo. Part your hair down the center and make fishtail braid pigtails, securing them at the bottom with a small elastic. Gently pull and separate the hair in the braids to make them messy. Bring one pigtail across to the other side of your head horizontally and pin in place. Repeat that on the other side and tuck the ends up underneath the braids, pin, and you’re done.

3.     Headband

Keep baby hairs from curling and sticking out by wearing a thick fashionable headband. It will keep hair out of your face and prevent it from getting too frizzy. Plus it adds a great accessory to your outfit!

4.     Top Knot

A go-to hairstyle for anyone on a rainy day has to be a top knot! It’s one of the simplest styles in the book but can look super chic. To start, gather your hair on the top of your head. Twist and wrap your hair at the same time making it into a knot and secure it by wrapping an elastic around it. Leave it like that if you want a messy look or use bobby pins to make it neater.

5.     Half Pulled Back

This hairstyle is especially useful for women with short hair. Pull back a small section from one side of your head and secure in the back with a bobby pin. Repeat on the other side and hairspray to keep the frizz down.

6.     Easy Chignon

To create this easy chignon hairstyle start with your hair in a low ponytail at the back of your neck. Flip the ponytail inside out by making a hole above the elastic and pulling the ponytail through it. For the final step, gather your ponytail and roll it up, securing it in place with bobby pins.

7.     Twisted Bun

For a fun, simple twist on the classic bun, part your hair down the center and create pigtails on the back of your head. Take one ponytail, separate it into two pieces, and wrap them around each other in a spiral. Secure it with a small elastic and repeat on the other side. Now that you have two spiral pigtails, take each of them in your hands and twist them together forming a messy bun. Pin it in place with as many bobby pins as necessary. 

Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!