This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Spring is one of the best times of year. The flowers bloom, the sun shines, and everyone finally emerges from their cave of seasonal depression to find that spring has officially sprung. The turn of the season always brings lots of new beauty products for spring and summer, and we are so ready to try some of them out. Check out these new products down below to get some inspiration for how you should be restocking your makeup collection for this spring/summer. 

1. TOO FACED La Créme Mystical Effects Lipstick – Life’s a Festival Collection 

I’m calling it now: these lipsticks are going to be all the rage in the next couple of months. They have shade-shifting technology that changes color depending on your own individual body chemistry. (Wtf?!) This is the reincarnation of mood rings, except they’re… like… on your lips. These lipsticks were based off of Too Faced’s ever-so-famous lipstick shade, “Unicorn Tears.” They have extended this line and created the shades “Fairy Tears,” “Angel Tears,” and “Mermaid Tears.” 

2. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30

During the spring and summer when the days are hot, I personally can’t be bothered putting on a lot of makeup. I know it’s all going to sweat off by the end of the day, so what’s the point? However, tinted moisturizer has always been my friend during the summer because it gives a little bit of coverage and it provides SPF, which is so important. The formula of tinted moisturizer is also better for your skin than the formulation of a typical heavy foundation. This brand is popular because of their skincare products that are geared toward sensitive skin, and this product is going to be perfect for those days where you just don’t want to put in the effort of using foundation. 

3. Benefit Cosmetics Badgal Bang Volumizing Mascara 

Benefit mascaras have always swept the beauty blogs with rave reviews. Their mascaras never seem to disappoint, and this one is certainly no exception. This mascara is smudge-proof and water resistant, as well as providing a slim brush that provides full, volumizing coverage of all of your lashes. The waterproof formula is perfect for those summer days where your mascara would have otherwise been running down your face. 

4. Becca Ocean Jewels Highlighter Palette

It is no secret in the beauty world that Becca practically owns the market on highlighters, seeing as their famous collab with the beauty YouTuber Jaclyn Hill practically skyrocketed their sales. Now, Becca has come out with a new highlighter palette that is perfect for all of your summer needs. Whether you’re going for a “no-makeup” makeup look, or you’re going full out glam, this palette will give you that extra shimmer that everyone covets. 

5. #Multimasking Mask Treatment Set

HC Hofstra loves a good face mask, and we’re here to give you some scoop on a mask set that you need. This mask set by Glamglow contains six small tubes of their most famous masks, including their Supermud Mask, Youthmud Mask, Gravitymud Mask, Thirstymud mask, Flashmud mask, and Powermud mask. You’re getting six amazing face masks for the price of less than one of their normal-sized tubs, and to be honest, I’m not sure how you could beat that. 

A post shared by GLAMGLOW (@glamglow) on

6. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Treatment Concealer 

It is a known face that putting on makeup when you have acne only makes your skin more irritated and blemish-prone, but IT Cosmetics wants to combat that. They recently came out with a new concealer that has witch hazel and tea tree oil, which are both used to fight against acne. This concealer is perfect for people with oily or acne prone skin, and the description of the product on Sephora’s website says that it won’t crease or crack on your skin while effectively covering all of your acne marks.

A post shared by IT Cosmetics (@itcosmetics) on

7. Glossier Lidstar Eye Pigments 

Glossier has been all that anyone is talking about in the beauty-sphere. They are most famous for their super gentle skincare products, but just recently, they came out with their new product: Lidstar. Lidstar is an eyeshadow pigment that comes in a tube and has a doe-foot applicator, which makes the product easy to use. The formula is more cream-based, so it’s perfect for those days in the summer when you want to go for a more natural, dewy finish. It’s a one-step eye look, so there’s no need for brushes or eyeshadow primer. Just swipe on your lids and you’re good to go! 

A post shared by Glossier (@glossier) on

So, what are you waiting for? Go check out all of these effective, new products that are perfect for your spring and summer needs. Plus, who doesn’t love to splurge on some new products once in a while? (Wink wink.)

Cover photo by Unsplash.com

Madeline is a journalism major at Hofstra University, and is a writer for HC Hofstra. If you're looking for her, you can probably find her at an Anthropologie, the beach, or eating peanut butter out of the jar.