7 Netflix Shows that Pair Well with a Pumpkin Spice Latte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Fall is here, and pumpkin spice is around us. A pumpkin spiced latte goes exquisitely well with TV. Here are seven shows that pair well with your pumpkin spiced latte and help elevate the feeling of fall. 

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

“The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” is a live-action TV show series based on the cartoon. The show has three seasons so far and is soon coming out with its fourth and final season. “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” throws you not only into the fall spirit but also will excite you for Halloween. There is magic, witches, horror, demons, and more for those who enjoy shows on the supernatural side.

Lucifer

“Lucifer” released season five-part one on August 21, 2020. The show follows the devil as he makes his way on earth and wiggles his way to becoming a consultant for the police in L.A. “Lucifer” has lots of dark humor and sarcasm along with lots of romance for those who enjoy both. The show also includes angels, devils, and supernatural powers, and is perfect for those who like the supernatural genre but do not enjoy elements such as vampires, werewolves, witches, and ghosts.

The Vampire Diaries

“The Vampire Diaries” is perfect for those who are fans of drama. Of course, you can’t forget the added element of vampires, werewolves, witches, and more. The show has eight seasons filled with humor, romance, fantasy, suspense, and is perfect for those who prefer binge-watching a show all at once. Due to the constant supernatural plot twists, “The Vampire Diaries” oozes Halloween vibes and can definitely be enjoyed alone or with friends.

Stranger Things

“Stranger Things” takes place in the 1980s and the show does a great job of taking you back to that period, even if you haven’t lived through it. The show has three seasons, each season does a great job of bringing you into a different story with the same characters. “Stranger Things” follows a crew that you will instantly fall in love with. The supernatural activity is not what you’re used to, and will leave you coming up with new theories every episode. The show has a little something for everyone due to all the different genres, and will definitely put you into a spooky mood.

The Haunting of Hill House

“The Haunting of Hill House” is a show based on the book by Shirley Jackson, but the two go in different directions. “The Haunting of Hill House” also has a follow-up season coming out October 9, 2020 called “The Haunting of Bly Manor.” The show is about a family that moves into a new home only to encounter an abundance of ghosts. The ghosts are nothing like “Casper”, however, and gives the family trouble. The show is darker and deals with more serious issues, and will give you the scare of your life when you’re watching it before bed, but the characters are relatable and have you rooting for them.

Schitt’s Creek

“Schitt’s Creek” may lack in the supernatural aspect but the show will definitely put you into a festive and good mood for the fall. The show follows a wealthy family who loses all their wealth and has to move to the town of “Schitt’s Creek,” and it has just finished its sixth and final season. The show includes lots of humor, love, family, and friendship that will have you in a good mood in minutes. It will get you into the warm, fuzzy season that is fall, partly due to the feelings “Schitt’s Creek” brings and the other part is due to the setting that will instantly remind you of fall!

The Walking Dead

“The Walking Dead” is a classic show with nine seasons currently available. The show goes down a different path with its use of zombies. “The Walking Dead” really makes you question who the real antagonists are: the zombies or the people. It serves up lots of horrors, some romance, and a mix of laughter and tears as you follow the survivors as they navigate their new reality. 

All these shows offer up something different, but they will totally give you those fall vibes, some will even get you into that Halloween mood. Do yourself a favor and binge-watch these shows as soon as possible, you definitely won’t regret watching them!

Dorothea Armijos is a journalism major with a fine arts minor. They are currently a student at Hofstra University and is a part of the graduating class 0f 2023.