7 March Madness Campus Cuties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The end of March not only means the end of winter, but also to the end of one of the most thrilling times in college sports–March Madness!

And whether you’re meticulously monitoring your NCAA brackets or could care less about college basketball, you’ve got to admit, these campus cuties have been heating up March Madness on and off the court.

Though the Hofstra men’s basketball season finished up earlier this month on our campus, HC Hofstra would like to take a moment to appreciate the best (looking) prospects still playing the game. Here’s a roundup of cuties across America who are lighting up the scoreboard for their school. Even if your team has been knocked out of the running, kudos to our fellow HC chapters that claim these b-ball powerhouses as their own.

Tyler Ennis, Syracuse University Orange

This freshman guard was recently named All-American by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association and hails from Southern Ontario.

Glenn Robinson III, University of Michigan Wolverines

Robinson is a sophomore from Gary, Indiana, plays forward for the Wolverines and is known not only for his aggressive moves but also for his amazing smile.

Egor Koulechev, Arizona State University Sun Devils

Koulechev is a Russian import making a name for himself as the freshman guard who’s heating things up with the Sun Devils.

Phillip Nolan, UConn Huskies

Sophomore forward Phillip Nolan came to UConn in 2012 just as they lost key members of their front court, either to the NBA or to transferring. Since then, Nolan has gotten better with time. He’ll definitely be one to watch as the Huskies play to qualify in the “Elite Eight”.

Willie Cauley-Stein, University of Kentucky Wildcats

If you like your players extra tall and extra tatted, look no further than sophomore Willie Cauley-Stein. The forward is known for his effortless slam dunk—but then again, if you stand at 7 feet tall like Willie does, the backboard is probably just a little hop away.

Aaron Craft, Ohio State University Buckeyes

This senior point guard has been making a name for himself on the Buckeyes since freshman year. He holds the Ohio State record for number of assists (such a team player) and as a nutrition major who gets straight A’s, Craft will be looking at med school in his future—that is, if he doesn’t get drafted in the NBA.

Zach LaVine, UCLA Bruins

The freshman from Seattle, Washington may be a baby in the game, but if his powerful dunks don’t make him one to watch, his killer green eyes and freckles definitely do. 

Good luck to all the college teams playing for their chance at the 2014 NCAA Championship. Keep an eye out for these cuties and see who makes it to the big game in Texas on April 7th.

A Boston girl living in New York, Sidney is a senior at Hofstra University double majoring in journalism and sociology. She's grown to love interviewing and feature writing after interning at  non-profits, Cosmopolitan Magazine, MTV News and the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. She is the Campus Correspondent of HC Hofstra as well as an active member in the Hofstra Association of Black Journalists, Ed2010 Hofstra and the Society of Collegiate Journalists. She loves dancing with her on-campus team, Imani Dance Ensemble, and has an incurable addiction to shoes, Boston sports teams and Japanese barbeque. Follow Sidney on Twitter, @Sid_Madden!